Modulr is seeking outstanding Business Development Managers with experience of the UK FinTech, Payment or Payroll Services sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing FinTech company operating in the Payments sector. We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual to join us in our mission to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy.
This is first and foremost a new business role where the emphasis is on accelerating and closing out sales. BDMs receive qualified prospects from the lead generation team and are responsible for the overall new business sales lifecycle of Modulr prospects.
Our sellers’ backgrounds enable them to align their deep understanding of the prospect's business, regulatory construct, flow of funds and challenges to Modulr’s unique value, to deliver a class-leading solution for our customers which include startups, brands and established financial services providers.
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- Awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product.
- Recently received £9m in funding from PayPal Ventures
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 70m transactions to date with a value in excess of £50 billion of business payments.
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product.
- Shortlisted for ‘Best Initiative from an SME’ category at the Card and Payments Awards.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The key tasks of your role will include:
- Manage time effectively by qualifying and re-qualifying prospects throughout the sales cycle
- Build trust with the prospect, demonstrating an understanding of their business objects and that our success results from their success
- Provide feedback from prospects that could be helpful in advertising, marketing and product roadmap
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system
- Work within a structured sales process ie MEDDICC, Miller Heiman
- Make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
- Conduct compelling presentations to C-Level executives
- Share knowledge and ideas about how we can improve
- Building a compelling business case and ROI model to ensure our customers receive the maximum return for their investment
- Delivering results on a monthly basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About You: To join us as a Business Development Manager, you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience of sales within the payments sector is essential, this can be across acquiring, issuing, payment or processing
- A strong, proven and consistent track record of performance against targets in solution-based environment. Previous experience in an SME start-up or FinTech environment is an advantage.
- Tenacity and discipline to follow up with passion and respect
- Team-player attitude with a desire to improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- Ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members
- Team-oriented approach with strong organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis
- Flexible approach to work, are open minded and enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working