The Business Development Manager (aka Partner Relationship Manager) is a member of the Partner Marketing Distribution team in China. Scope encompass the execution of our distribution strategy of our products and sales generation. Work will focus on new distribution partner acquisition, post-sales process from project management until the successful completion of interface implementation, as well as channel optimization, account management and support. Pre-sales analysis will also be required for specific projects. He/she will report to the country director and work closely with our headquarters’ operation and technical teams.
- New partner acquisition to increase hotel booking distribution channel and brand exposure
- Account management – increase traffic and bookings delivered through close relationships with partners (e.g. travel agents, travel websites, airlines, banks, etc), on-going operational support and bridge between partner and our regional technical support team
- Looking for innovative business development opportunities in the market
- Assist with technical analysis, interface evaluation, and system demonstration during pre-sell process
- Responsible for successful implementation of partners’ system integration
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all in-house technology
- Frequent communication within the organization at all levels, with headquarter and regional team on distribution related tasks, including but not limited to market updates, technology development, operational milestones, reports, commission payment, fund collection, etc.
- Deep understanding of China online market.
- Native in Chinese (Mandarin), fluent in English (candidates with overseas experience or master’s degree preferred)
- Proven success record in setting KPIs and sales strategies
- 5+ year’s progressive sales and Business Development experience in consultative sales or complex solutions selling
- Experienced in customer prospecting, cold calling, and account management
- E-commerce or travel industry experience highly preferred
- Good understanding of web related technologies and technical aspects of affiliate distributions models
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Highly disciplined work habits
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Team player
Agoda.com is Asia’s leading online travel agency and we are always looking for the best talent available. By joining Agoda, you will become part of a truly international team, with leading experts of different backgrounds (consultants, media agencies and recent graduates) coming from 70+ countries around the world.
Has this role caught your interest? Apply now!