Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NV, NY, OR, PA, TX, UT, and WA. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Business Development Manager
As the Business Development Manager, you’ll…
- Inspire and develop the BDR team through 1:1 and group training sessions. Coach the team through a variety of activities to improve their skills;
- NAmer BDRs through all regions of our business. BDRs are based in the East, Central and West regions;
- BDR account strategy within the Named & Enterprise segments with collaboration with sales leadership;
- Ensure your team of BDRs meets or exceeds call, email prospecting and social selling activities and targets to hit ongoing quotas;
- Know our services, sales techniques, pricing and marketing programs and understand sales patterns and strategies;
- Own the outbound pipeline targets & account development;
- Career pathing for our Business Development Representative and Account Development Team;
- Headcount planning, resource allocation and budget for our outbound BDR team;
- Collaborate closely with our Account Executives and Sales Managers to create new opportunities.
What will you bring to this role…
- Four plus years of experience in sales management, or sales development management preferably in SaaS or similar enterprise applications, with a history of exceeding quota expectations;
- A team-player with the ability to motivate and inspire to help BDRs exceed goals;
- Experience developing productive business relationships with all levels of our client management;
- Ability to organize sales campaigns that may include support from multiple teams;
- CRM experience or comparable Salesforce automation tool.
At Lob, we are looking to #LevelUp and #EmpowerDiversity, we invite you to apply if you possess even some of these:
- Experience as an AE is preferred but not required.
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work, and a ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time off to support the organizations you care most about
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Our commitment to diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.