Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
As NYC’s first Business Development Manager, you will report directly to the general manager of New York and own all things related to new partnerships and revenue in the city. You will own and shape the growth strategy and work with stakeholders across the company to meet goals and aggressively win the market.
- You’re a hustler. Some days you’ll work late and some days you’ll work early…whatever it takes to get it done. The word “overwhelmed” does not exist in your vocabulary
- “I’m a people person” is an understatement. You love making connections and building relationships without always knowing what will come of them. You own the room when you walk in – and leave with new opportunities. Being a strong communicator is first nature and you believe you were born to be the voice (and face) of Managed by Q NYC.
- You love to see the big picture and explore untouched growth opportunities but you’re disciplined and data driven enough to know what to pursue, when. You’re accustomed to working with a lot of stakeholders and you know how to keep the ball rolling and achieve goals.
- Explore, identify and evaluate strategic growth opportunities with a data-driven approach
- Understand the competitive landscape in NYC and work to win it
- Set a strategic business development plan for NYC, identifying specific prospects / partners to approach
- Shape the sales strategy in NYC and work with our national sales team to bring Q to offices everywhere across the city
- Collaborate with the Operations team to understand and maintain a pulse on operational hurdles and customer experience while implementing growth initiatives
- Proven track record in developing growth strategy (sales, market research, business development, growth strategy)
- Strong local network in NYC commercial real estate
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce proficiency a plus
- Experience in a high growth technology startup strongly preferred
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG