We’re Farewill, we build simple, beautiful products to change the way the world deals with death. We’ve grown to lead our industry, becoming the biggest (and favourite) will-writer in the UK within 2 years of launching. We’ve recently launched our second product, Probate, and are looking for a resourceful, ambitious Business Development Manager to join one of the most exciting parts of our rapidly growing business.
We're proudly backed and supported by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in Europe, and have raised £7.5m to date.
Our partners have played an integral role in our success. We have partnerships with the likes of Macmillan Cancer Support, Cancer Research UK, Aviva and Legal & General.
This is a unique opportunity to shape and develop our go to market strategy, become a key part of our overall commercial success and work with a diverse, inspiring team. We’re looking for someone who’s excited about our mission and bringing it to life commercially.
Who you are:
- You're a natural deal-maker who enjoys building partnerships for scale
- You’re motivated by the unique challenge we’re facing and excited by the prospect of disrupting an archaic, broken system
- You thrive off working in a diverse, ambitious and intellectually curious team
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, you’re resilient, and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You’re not afraid of ambitious goals. In fact, you’re motivated by them.
This is what you’ll be doing over the next 12 months:
- Work with our Head of Partnerships, Natasha Pawade, to build a comprehensive view of the market and develop the most effective go to market strategy
- Understand how to acquire new probate customers by testing different partnerships and distribution channels, scaling the ones that work in order to hit our ambitious goals
- Develop a playbook so we can refine our approach and grow a team
- Work with our product team to develop the right partner tools to scale
- Build and maintain an industry network
- Help us change the way the world deals with death
- 3+ years in a sales or business development role
- Track record of winning new business and hitting sales targets
- Motivation and enthusiasm for working in a rapidly growing startup
It would be great if you also have the following, but not a problem if you don’t.
- Experience in a startup
- Managing a team
- Account Management experience
- Comfortable with and experience of working with product teams
- Experience working in sales or business development within the following industries:
- Wills and Probate
- Wills and Probate
- Be part of a growing startup redefining the death industry
- Work alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people in our lovely, spacious, bright office in Haggerston
- Competitive salary and meaningful options in the company
- Santander cycles membership
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- 28 days holiday leave, not including public holidays