Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions — you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
Eventbrite’s APAC team have some pretty grand growth plans. We are Eventbrite’s fastest growing market, powering millions of tickets every year. We run like a startup, but with a proven, world-class product. Your day-to-day consists of working with a diverse mix of event organisers, and our horizontal platform and world-class technology means no one conversation with a potential organiser is ever the same. There is no script, no one-size-fits-all solution. Our Business Development team are a consultative and ambitious experts in our field, and our return commitment to you is to help you build your career at Eventbrite through training, education and opportunities.
As an Business Development Manager focused on servicing small to medium event organisors, you will drive new business for Eventbrite by bringing your creative problem solving skills, natural business-development and commercial acumen, self-starter experience and competitive fire to help us win in the small-to-medium business and event market. You’ll have a passion for technology and events and have a hunger for sales and providing valuable solutions for your customers.
Your success in this role success means driving business value for event creators by helping them to sell more paid tickets, increase registrations and commercialisation of their event, through the right Eventbrite solution that helps them grow and succeed.
This is an entry level opportunity into our Business Development team and provides an incredible opportunity to progress your experience in sales within a global technology business.
- Be technically savvy and driven by progressing your career in a sales environment
- Own the full business development cycle including managing pipeline from inbound/marketing channels, qualifying, obtaining and closing new business opportunities to achieve and exceed your quarterly and yearly targets
- Prospect via cold calling, leveraging an existing database, networking as well as utilising referrals and other channels where appropriate to secure new business
- Develop and deliver solution proposals, product demonstration and presentations
- Develop expertise in the ticketing industry by identifying trends, market challenges, and competitive offerings within the local market region, and share this information back to the business to ensure we’re delivering a best-in-class product for small event creators
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by learning from global team, reviewing and staying abreast of product updates, and building knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Understand the event organiser’s key business initiatives; areas of concern; technology stack, and competitive environment, and pitch how Eventbrite can be applied to deliver value
- Manage the opportunity funnel by analysing and controlling pipeline activity in Salesforce and monitoring key activity against assigned quotas
- Provide superior and delightful customer service throughout the entire business development process
- Engage cross functionally with the Marketing, Customer Success, Field Operations Finance, Legal and other stakeholders globally to close your deals and ensure a seamless experience for your customers
- Be an exceptional, active and supportive member of the Eventbrite team, both locally, and globally
THE IDEAL SKILL SET
- 2+ years sales experience with a record of quota over-achievement, preferably in an events, ticketing and / or SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenue within a portfolio of small to medium sized event organisers
- Experience in prospecting and generating new opportunities in addition to marketing generated leads
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently or at a distance from your team
- A rare competitive fire and desire to win
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, Google Drive and web based presentation technology would be favourable
- Agile, ambitious and motivated to be the best at everything you do
In return for your outstanding performance, you'll be rewarded with a lucrative commission structure, company-paid health insurance, catered lunches and snacks, the ability to bring your dog to work, a monthly travel stipend, wellness initiatives and the opportunity to progress your career with an international market leader alongside incredible talent.
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply for this position, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.