At SocialCops, we operate at the intersection of technology and data to enable leaders make data-driven decisions. As a Business Development Manager, you are the face of SocialCops to a potential partner. You are a great communicator and an even greater listener. You understand the problems our partners face, and are excited about co-creating solutions for them that can solve their problems.
You have in-depth knowledge about data and technology, and can convert solutions into features for the engineering teams. You should bring a passion for technology and data, entrepreneurial ambition, and, most importantly, deep sales expertise.
You are an extremely driven hustler and ambitious about building great organizations! You should be confident in your ability to run high-volume pipelines in dynamic, changing environments. You’ll need to be able to remove your own roadblocks and invent alternative methodologies that open up new pathways forward.
This role is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, building solutions that can truly revolutionize the way decisions are made.
- Great spoken and written communication skills
- Past proven experience of building partnerships is a plus
- Great time management, and an ability to get a lot done without dropping the ball on any potential client conversation
- Ability to deal with unstructured and changing environments
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- You will speak to a wide range of potential customers — C-suite executives of FMCG companies, government officials, heads of philanthropic organizations, and monitoring and evaluation professionals. This means that you must be comfortable wearing multiple shoes.
- Build new client relationships, signing new partnerships and closing new deployments.
- Build sales collateral, presentations, budgets, proposals and other materials that enable you to close a new deal.
- Work with Marketing to create any scalable marketing collateral to accelerate sales
- Work with Deployment Managers to scope out the project in detail
- Work with Finance & Legal to close out contracts and other procedures
IN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL...
- Thoroughly understand our customers, their needs, and how our platform adds differentiated value
- Drive your own deals through a full cycle of the sales funnel, from qualifying to close
- Confidently run product demos for a variety of audiences, including the occasional CEO or founder
- Own and manage relationships, including nurturing passive leads
IN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL...
- Master a consultative strategy to sell our solutions in even larger and more complex deals
- Guide our design, engineering, product teams towards revenue-generating features
- Contribute to the growth of the team — interview, hire, and train new team members
IN 6 MONTHS (AND BEYOND), YOU WILL...
- Shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team's practices, tools, and content
- Represent us at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
- Create new opportunities for yourself – new sectors for us to grow into and drive decisions
- See openings for leadership roles (prove to us that you’re ready!)
- Live up to the name of an entrepreneur and get hands on with growing the company
We're not hiring employees. Solving the world's biggest problems doesn't need employees. Come join us in changing the way the world makes decisions :)
We're currently actively hiring folks who can work in Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Delhi.