Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SPORTS, SALES AND WANT TO WIN
The rapidly growing demand for Catapult in Northern America has led to the required services of a Business Development Manager for Emerging Markets. This role is primarily hunting and developing new relationships, with some account management. The successful candidate will be responsible for specified geographic coverage of accounts and targets within high schools, academies, amateur, collegiate, semi professional and youth organizations across numerous sports, including but not limited to American Football, Soccer, Lacrosse, Rugby, and others.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Expected to meet/exceed all territory revenue and sales goals
- Conducts business in accordance with the defined sales team mission and Catapult’s core values
- Strives to maintain a high degree of customer service/satisfaction and account retention
- Meets/exceeds all productivity requirements, including but not limited to a minimum number of calls, product demos/presentations and predefined sales initiatives and objectives
- Develops, manages, executes and reports on territory revenue forecast and pipeline
- Develops, manages, executes and reports on territory and account coverage plans
- Develops, manages executes and reports on plans and results for company selected trade show/conference meetings
- Consistent and disciplined use of Salesforce.com for revenue and productivity visibility and transparency
- Responsible for ensuring all account information is up-to-date and accurate in SF.com, including all required target contacts, titles, names, contact information, account plans, etc.
- Provides consistent field feedback on customer pain points, product and market opportunities to internal stakeholders (Product, Marketing, Customer Success) and Sales Management
- Builds and maintains the brand of the company with world class customer service and account support
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- A motivated self-starter; intrinsically driven to succeed - entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to hit the ground running
- 1-2 years of sales experience required, preferably in the sports/sports performance/ technology space
- College degree desirable
- Previous experience as an athlete or working in athletics preferred
- Able to understand the differences in performance training, strength and conditioning, tactical skill training, rehabilitation, sports media and sports business disciplines and high level processes
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.