Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics, structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype, integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our clients that are of extraordinary value.
Over the past seven years we have created a robust optical systems business focused on a variety of applications including LIDAR, laser communication, manufacturing process control, camera calibration, astronomical telescopes and instruments, and illumination optics. Our core competencies include optical systems design and analysis, opto-mechanical design, analysis and optimization, prototype builds, low rate production, and performance verification.
Going forward, we are building on this success by adding a dedicated sales professional to help drive growth and diversification. We seek candidates that have direct experience selling optical and/or related system development services to join us in our San Diego office.
This position will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and be accountable to the engineering development organization. The successful candidate will initiate and drive all phases of the business-development life cycle, including marketing, opportunity generation, qualification, proposal generation, close, and post-close debrief.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build and establish a network of clients and partners across the broader optical systems community leveraging personal relationships, existing Quartus relationships.
- Strengthen relationships with new customers and maintain current customer relationships to produce new business opportunities.
- Take the lead on proposal efforts which receives, processes and prioritizes commercial and government Request for Quotes (RFQ) to prepare compliant proposal responses as well as responses to Request for Information (RFI).
- Plan and organize sales calls, conference/tradeshow exhibits and other marketing activities.
- Understand Quartus’ value proposition and differentiators. Collaborate with technical directors to enhance these from the perspective of current and future clients.
- Support all phases of the capture process in coordination with technical staff.
- Generate and execute annual sales strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Prepare sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by frequent interaction with the technical staff, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Required: Direct experience marketing and selling optical system development services and/or related systems
- Required: Knowledge of optical, mechanical, electrical engineering concepts either by experience or technical degree
- Desired: BS in engineering MS or MBA
- Seasoned, proven professional with a minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated success generating new leads achieved through researching and qualifying opportunities
- Demonstrated success with relationship-based, network-based sales approach
- Demonstrated ability to build client rapport, debate possible solution sets, create tailored solutions, and drive closure
- Experienced with CRM
- Leveraging of professional network contacts
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Successful candidates will be highly collaborative, disciplined and focused, with strong listening skills and the proven ability to leverage relationships.
- Strong desire to expand technical knowledge and understanding of optical, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Travel required
- Base salary, plus sales incentive plan
Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, company-wide profit sharing bonus, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k plan with company match. Additional benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance, fertility/adoption expense assistance, and a charitable donation match program. Quartus is an equal opportunity employer.