Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Partner relationships are critical to Blend’s success. As a member of the Business Development team, you will focus on establishing partnerships with third-party financial services technology vendors. You will work closely with cross-functional teams at Blend to spot, assess, build, and strengthen partner relationships. The goal: to enable our customers’ success by building robust business relationships with partners, delivering deep integrations with their client technology solutions.
How You'll Contribute:
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of the Blend platform
- Establish business relationships with partner executives and project team stakeholders to maximize the mutual benefits of the partnership
- Distill a partner’s key business objectives, capabilities, and technical needs to determine approaches to joint engagements
- Drive collaboration and execution between internal and external decision makers
- Partner closely with Product, Sales, Accounts, Integrations and Delivery to build consensus and execute on agreed upon solutions
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in business development, consulting, and/or technology fields
- Experience establishing third-party relationships, particularly with technology providers of varying business objectives and technical capabilities across different levels of the organization
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A strong negotiator, able to reframe perspectives and align on terms
- Hands on experience initiating, finalizing and executing agreements
- Ability to think creatively about applying data and technology to tackle business problems or identify new business opportunities
- Proven ability to execute
- Self-starter - you are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.