At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us - we love hearing everyday how what we're working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning - join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
We’re expanding our sales organization and are looking for driven sales development representatives to help us accelerate our growth. You'll be responsible for driving our customer acquisition efforts by generating new leads for our sales team. This role is the foundation of our sales organization and you will have a direct impact on our company revenue targets.
By collaborating with the entire Sales & Marketing organization, you'll research new markets and identify the best potential customers. Your day to day will involve research, targeted outreach, and collaboration with our Account Executives to set up sales meetings.
What will you be doing here?
- You will be working collaboratively with our Sales & Marketing team to identify new markets and potential customers.
- Generate new business opportunities by prospecting and qualifying leads through cold email and phone outreach.
- Responsible for qualifying/disqualifying all inbound sales requests.
- Manage your pipeline through a whole suite of CRM and prospecting tools.
- You will be both the face of Abacus and a consultative expert to companies.
- We love optimizing things, so you'll constantly be making yourself more efficient.
What would make you a strong candidate?
- Experience with cold calling or cold emailing is a plus.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 1-2 years of sales experience.
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical aptitude: You will be speaking to companies that are using a variety of systems and financial platforms. We require that candidates have the aptitude to pick up these concepts and technologies quickly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We’re looking for BDRs that can operate in a lean structure and provide ongoing feedback to improve our process.
- Multi-tasker: You’ll have to balance several priorities throughout the day.
What would be a nice to have?
- You're a people person who is able to build rapport instantly.
- You've studied or have some familiarity with financial accounting.
- You're an excellent communicator and understand how to appropriately tailor your conversation when speaking to all levels in the workplace from entry level to C-Level.
- You're empathetic and can clearly sympathize with pain points from multiple perspectives.
- You think big. You can pitch a vision and keep folks engaged.
- You've got an appetite for knowledge and are constantly learning from people.
- You're technologically curious. You keep up to date with the latest trends in the space and they drive you to learn more.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and a cover letter along with anything else that would help us to get to know you better. Please include the exact date you're able to start in your cover letter.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to Abacus’ values. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Abacus does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not consider payment regarding recruiter fees.