Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative local to the Australia/New Zealand region to join the Sales Development team in ANZ.
Who you are:
- Willing and Coachable. You’re open to new ideas and trying things out to see what works and what doesn’t. You love feedback, make smart adjustments based off it, and realize that is the main way you can improve at what you do. You are self-aware
- Coming from a customer-facing role (2-3 years experience). You’ve been able to handle the jive and deal with all types of people. Preferred if you have sales experience, but not required
- Passionate. Whatever you love, you can talk for hours on it. You get excited just when someone mentions your favorite things
- Optimistic and Resilient. You know after a “No” there could be a “Yes”, and negative responses don’t bring you down. You are the king/queen of follow up and always work hard
- Creative. You challenge the way people think and look for better and more efficient ways of doing things
- Great Communicator. You are concise and can also explain the intricate details of a complicated system
- Curious. You are a sponge and learning is fun to you. You ask lots of questions and want to develop your skill-set and knowledge base
Who you are not:
- Someone who requires hand-holding. You should be able to think for yourself and be able to make decisions - even if they don’t have the outcome you were expecting. You learn from those mistakes
- Rigid. You can adapt to whatever is thrown at you and think change is fun. You operate well in a fast-paced environment and are a self-starter
- Someone who is not interested in sales for the foreseeable future. You are ready to grow your career, and while you may not be in sales for the rest of your life, you see this role as a stepping stone, not a placeholder
- Average. You have grit. You set an internal quota higher than the one your manager gives. You fail. A lot. But it’s because you set your goals high and push yourself hard
Responsibilities and Objectives - Prospect & Research - 20%
- Partner with Account Executives to strategize and identify target companies. Execute on inside sales plan of attack
- Discover new opportunities and penetrate key accounts
- Maintain data integrity and activity records
- Stay current on industry trends and knowledge to be a trusted resource to prospects
- Evaluate and pre-qualify leads through web research
Responsibilities and Objectives - Outreach and Follow Up - 50%
- Leverage sales intelligence tools to target and cater outreach to each prospect
- Be the first impression of Degreed and initial point of contact with prospects
- Hold engaging conversations through outbounds calls, email, and social mediums
- Understand prospect pain points and demonstrate the value of our rockstar product
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a sales rep
- Generate interest, respond, engage, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Drive attendance for webinars and events. Set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with team on strategic approach
- Set the stage for effective sales follow up
- Be able to react to and overcome objections and competitive questions
Responsibilities and Objectives - Meetings - 20%
- Schedule initial meetings for the Account Executives. Create analysis and educate the rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving goals for assigned territory
- Shadow your Account Executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for your next role
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including career and skill development - 10%
You’ll be expected to work your territory weekday business hours of 8am-5pm, but we’re flexible for those dentist appointments. We provide the opportunity to occasionally travel to attend events and conferences, so pack your bags. We promise to help you build your skills and foundation in sales to provide value for the rest of your career. You’ll use our own tool to make you marketable and develop your talent for your next role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs
for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!