The Business Development Representative is responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualifying prospects from lead status into sales pipeline. This role will act as a layer between Marketing and Sales, manage all first contact with new clients and build relationships through marketing activities such as events, campaigns, direct mail and email etc. The expectation of a Business Development Representative is to take a lead from a Marketing campaign, qualify the lead through opportunity discovery, set an on-site meeting with an Account Manager and follow through until a quote is delivered.
- Generate Appointments and Quotes by the means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers
- Work directly with Marketing to discover opportunities from leads and set appointments from those leads
- Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified appointments
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on product or service solutions
- Log, track and maintains customer contact and contact records
- Working closely with Account Manager and attending customer meetings as required
- Attend sales meeting, vendor training, trade shows to keep current with technology
- Must be able to interact and communicate with stakeholders of all levels
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills
- Understanding of workflow systems and their application to Customer’s business process improvement
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to staff and client
- Strong PC Skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications; knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.