Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. Although employers are required by law to provide Worker’s Comp insurance, we believe our service is making a meaningful impact in worker’s lives across Colorado in their moments of need.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We’ve been around for over 100 years, but don’t let that fool you. Pinnacol is committed to taking care of Colorado employers and workers in the most innovative of ways! We celebrate continuous improvement, new ideas, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence.
With our number one priority to keep everyone safe, along with the heart of Pinnacol’s “culture of caring” to do what is right and not what is easy, we’re currently having our team members work from home. During remote work, we’re still making time for fun! We host virtual painting classes, virtual yoga and Zumba classes, and virtual happy hours!
What you’ll do:
Drive new business acquisition through outbound call and email campaigns by directly utilizing the Salesforce platform to pull reports, analyze opportunities and identify trends. Promote and build strong working relationships with direct customers and agents through proactive outreach that ultimately supports the Company’s new business and retention goals. Interpret and explain basic underwriting information regarding workers compensation, policy details and coverage in order to provide excellent customer service.
What you can expect:
- Utilize and continually improve processes to win new business that has not been finalized, re-acquire previous businesses that have canceled, and conduct outreach to retain current customers
- Utilize data analytics to focus efforts on leads and opportunities that maximize business growth and retention.
- Conduct essential application and policy research and close/secure new business in partnership with underwriters as needed. Ensure underwriter is able to prepare quotes on policies and provide excellent customer service on a timely basis
- Conduct policy reviews and work a variety of case issues as needed
- Review applications and conduct manual schedule rating analysis in order to provide pricing accuracy and flexibility when writing new policies
- Determine coverage requirements by utilizing workers compensation knowledge and NCCI manual rules to ensure state statutes are followed
- Interpret and explain information regarding workers compensation policies, premium, regulatory and legislative issues to stakeholders resolving any questions/issues immediately
- Assist direct customers and agent/agency partners by providing policy and application servicing.
- Provide additional support to Underwriters and other team members as needed
- Participate in committees, special assignments and serve on project teams as requested
- Contribute to continuous improvement processes and procedures
What you’ll bring to the table:
High School Degree or GED preferred. Completion of a degree is encouraged and supported. One or more years experience in customer service and sales preferred. Must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communications and customer service skills. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of individuals both internally and externally.
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus 9 paid holidays.
Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is $42,500/yr or $20.43/hr. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate's skills and competencies.
Want to love your work? Apply today!