Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative to join its Commercial Sales team. The company is looking for a motivated individual with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to prospect and build new customers at companies within the US and Canada. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in their work and achievements.
- Building a pipeline of new commercial prospects via Zoom Info, LinkedIn, networks of existing customers, etc.
- Creating custom messaging tailored to prospects based on their job title, research projects and past educational history
- Constantly setting up interactions with these prospects via email, phone, Zoom or other means of communication
- Generating quotes and closing sales with these prospects
- Working with current Account Executives to develop opportunities mutually through their accounts and your prospects for both top-down and bottom-up selling
- Direct sales experience, preferably in a technical setting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to network
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.