As part of the creation of our new US office, we are looking for an ambitious and dedicated individual that has what it takes to build relationships and succeed in a MarTech and ecommerce technology Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business. Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, high growth environment, recruiting new clients via a mixture of cold calling and warm leads to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals? And if you love nurturing and engaging with global brand stakeholders to consult them about the value of Where-to-Buy technology, then this job is for you.
The Business Development Representative position is a key engine for the growth of Hatch, connecting our innovative products and services to brands and manufacturers worldwide to our Where-to-Buy technology in the ecommerce and retail technology landscape.
The Business Development Representative works in a Pod structure together with Sales and Customer Success Managers to generate new business, onboard the clients and upsell existing clients. Each expertise contributes to the Pod to become a successful micro-business within the organization. The Business Development role priorities and aligns his/her activities with the Pod and in turn reports directly to the Marketing & Business Development Director to ensure complete alignment in the lead to sales funnel.
- Research and prospect into potential brands, stakeholders and decisionmakers that are a good fit to the Hatch products.
- Contact potential clients to create engagement and arrange meetings.
- Follow-up and qualify inbound leads.
- Create strong relationships with and nurture prospects to ensure continuous visibility and enable future pipeline opportunities.
- Work in the marketing and Business Development team to optimize lead qualification, prospecting and nurturing activities.
- Work closely in the Pod to effectively apply Account Based Marketing tactics to get meetings with prospects.
- Work closely with inbound marketing to improve the overall lead quality, conversions and include new prospecting channels and methods.
- Support new (or existing) activities to increase the lead generation effectiveness.
- Collaborate, share best practices, tips & tricks, content and learnings with the Sales & Marketing teams.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Become a subject matter expert across our product suite to have high-level conversations with stakeholders to interest them to consider Hatch solutions.
- Support sales and marketing as needed.
- Willing to travel on some occasions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales, marketing or related field (digital media, e-commerce, technology platforms and/or a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution).
- Degree (Bachelors/HBO/WO) in business, marketing or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages are a plus).
- Hard-working, self-motivated, reliable and ethical.
- Ability to multi-task, set and adjust priorities is critical.
- Ability to execute processes with an eye for detail.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Previous exposure or proficient with tools like Confluence, HubSpot (or SalesForce) CRM etc. is preferred.
- Experience with Social Selling (social media) is a plus.
We are a fast-growing scale up with our HQ in Amsterdam. We value our people and make sure that working at Hatch is fun! We have good coffee, and when things get back a bit to normal, we have weekly company drinks, awesome quarterly company events and all kinds of other fun initiatives. We take work seriously but ensure we have a good work/life/fun balance.
What do we offer?
- Being part of a very successful fast-growing company, working with global A-list brands;
- Remote working (Eastern time zone);
- Talented and progressive international team;
- Agile work environment;
- Start-Up culture & mindset;
- Competitive salary;
- Bonus scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities.