CaptivateIQ is a leading sales commission platform — recognized by industry analysts, including Forrester, as well as reputable marketplaces like G2. We are trusted by category leaders and innovators like Gong, Lattice, and DataRobot.
With backing from Sequoia, Accel, ICONIQ, Sapphire Ventures, and other leading investors, CaptivateIQ is on a mission to enable every company to take control of commission management.
Come and see why Glassdoor and Comparably have recognized CaptivateIQ as a best place to work!
About the role:
CaptivateIQ is looking for our next outbound Business Development Representative! You will join a team that has already proven to be one of the most crucial go-to-market drivers for CIQ's monumental growth in the last 3 years.
We will teach you the hard skills to research, prospect, cold-call, write, educate, objection-handle, and qualify. In return, you’ll be supported and autonomous to own the end-to-end pipeline development process from Account Identification to Opportunity Creation.
This job is only won by those who are ambitious, disciplined, humble yet competitive, and endlessly curious when it comes to the art and science of sales. We have a rich history of hiring individuals with little to some experience and enabling them to break records while becoming leaders internally.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of your prospects through research that will inform your outreach strategy with relevance and story-telling
- Generate a qualified pipeline creatively to break into target accounts with cold calling, personalized emailing, and LinkedIn prospecting
- Confidently engage with Director to C-Level prospects to uncover relevant pain points and create interest in CaptivateIQ’s platform
- Represent CaptivateIQ both culturally and as a subject matter expert by clearly articulating our value proposition and differentiators
- 8 Core Characteristics we care most about: Grit, Ambition, Coachability, Organization, Curiosity, Ownership, Competitive, Storytelling (hint: prepare your personal definition + examples of these for the interview)
- 0-2 Years of Sales Experience
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of sales tools such as Salesforce, Salesloft, Orum and LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, LeadIQ
- Past experience in relevant or adjacent industries: Revenue Operations or Finance
- Knowledge of Excel or Sales Compensation tools
- Proven track record of sales success
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Flexible vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- Enjoy a one-time expense on your 1-year work anniversary (to use for travel, home furnishings, fancy meal)
- One time work from home stipend & annual stipends for professional development and caretaking
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest Apple products to help you do your best work
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates:
- Only emails from @captivateiq.com should be trusted.
We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
CaptivateIQ participates in E-Verify, web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States