The Business Development Rep (BDR) is the point of first contact for prospects from target accounts throughout North America. Education and qualification of prospective key contacts, buyers and purchase influencers is crucial in this sales pipeline generating role.
The Business Development Representative position requires 1 year Business Development experience in B2B software and is based in Redwood City, CA and will require daily attendance at our office.
The BDR qualify leads, whether they are inbound leads that come through the marketing demand generation engine or outbound leads generated by BDR research and cold calling.
The BDR qualifies the lead, fills in as much information about the lead as they can, and schedules a meeting with the Field Sales Rep and Sales Engineer.
- Making 60-80 calls per day to build and manage lead development pipeline
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail/e-marketing, and utilizing Internet information sources
- Articulate Comprehend’s value proposition to decision-makers to assess buying interest.
- Achieve or exceed goal for first meetings and event attendance on a monthly basis
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Solution – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance and data entry, correspondence, and communications)
- Provide weekly activity report to management. Update lead rank/stage and prospect interaction in SFDC throughout
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field
- 1+ years B2B software sales development experience - preferably cloud
- Ability to understand and successfully promote solution sets
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Ability to converse with and influence buying groups, influencers and IT organizations
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and databases used in marketing a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Solid understanding of social media tools and vehicles including LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs and monitoring tools