HiMama is looking for quick-thinking, hard working and naturally curious individuals to join our leading sales team as we pursue rapid expansion across North America and abroad. In this role, you will be empowering Early Childhood Educators to build stronger relationships with parents and engage them in children’s learning and development using our app. You will be working with an experienced and dedicated team striving for big things.
Ideal candidates enjoy connecting with people and strive for great things in whatever they do. They will be keen to take on a challenge and be looking to take their career to the next level. Finally, they will be looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents – working with a social enterprise you will personally have the opportunity to improve outcomes for hundreds of thousands of children worldwide.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Research leads and conduct over-the-phone cold and warm prospecting and qualification in order to pass off sales-ready leads to Account Executives
- Prioritize and organize your lead pipeline for maximum efficiency on a daily basis
- Record and update data in Salesforce accurately and in real-time
- Learn and leverage product features
- Partner with marketing and others to ensure goals are met
- Stay in tune with changes in the Early Childhood Education industry
- Work as a team to deliver the best customer experience at all times
What We'd Love You To Have
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask, prioritize time while maintaining attention to detail
- Passionate about sales, software, mobile and technology
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A track record of achievements or competition
- Thinking outside-the-box to drive innovation and change
HiMama - www.himama.com - is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Thousands of child care professionals use HiMama to share learning and development updates to families. Special moments are shared across the globe every second. HiMama is based in Toronto, Canada. If you're looking to work for a close-knit tech start-up in the heart of downtown Toronto, this is it.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
• You get to go to work everyday to promote a product that helps improve the development of thousands of young children between the ages of zero to five!
• These days we are fully remotely located as we adjust to the pandemic
• When we’re not working from home, HiMama has a fun and friendly office environment at Bloor & Church
• Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision (100% Employer Covered Premiums)
• Three (3) weeks of Vacation Pay
• Three (3) paid Personal days/year (separate from paid sick days)
• One (1) paid Volunteer day per year
• Additional paid time off during the December holiday season
• You can take advantage of our remote Home Office expense program to deck out your home office
• You’re joining a Bcorp meaning that as a business, HiMama meets the highest standards of verified social performance, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
• Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
• Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We are dedicated to providing access for all people with disabilities and neurodiverse people. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include: an accessible interview location for people with mobility impairments, alternative method of communication for hearing or speech impairments, providing a detailed "what to expect" for autistic people, or modified testing for a person with a learning disability
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.