Mirakl is a fast-growing cloud technology company (we just raised $70m of Series C funding in February 2019!), and the global leader in Marketplace Operations Applications. We enable the world’s leading B2C and B2B companies - Walmart, Conrad, Harvey Nichols, Urban Outfitters, Siemens, HP and 140 more - to Offer More, Learn More and Sell More. Mirakl helps retailers, distributors, manufacturers & brands to transform their digital commerce strategy to encompass the marketplace business model.
Our core values include: Get Things Done, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Go Above & Beyond, Innovate & Inspire and Work Hard Together. With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris, Munich, London and Boston, Mirakl has a startup/international culture. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (70-million-dollars Series C round of funding in 2019) to seize the opportunity in the UK and global markets.
We are looking for a high energy, creative, team oriented Business Development Representative to join our rapidly growing UK team to extend our success. This Business Development Representative will be responsible for establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with leadership level contacts within medium-large sized companies. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight.
We need self-motivated, high energy, people who can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within large and complex organizations. We want candidates that can do those things with passion.
The person will be able to articulate their ability to:
- Work entrepreneurially and creatively to find and engage new opportunities within UK companies where the Mirakl platform can have an impact. This is an important sales development role and so a commercial mindset is crucial!
- Be the critical link between the Marketing and Sales teams, supporting campaigns and creating engagement with prospects for touchpoints such as events and webinars.
- Take their territory and build a structured approach to prospecting that focuses on the industries that Mirakl are strong in.
- Make the complex seem simple. Mirakl is as much about selling a strategy as it is about software. You will be talking to prospects about the most disruptive strategy in eCommerce, giving them new ideas and getting them excited about marketplace and what it can do for their business.
- Get out there and talk to people. Whether it be jumping on the phone and calling a prospect or approaching them at an event, your ability to put yourself in front of someone will be critical to your success.
- Manage inbound requests from companies interested in Mirakl services and cultivating those requests to create new opportunities. Often times you are the first person from Mirakl our customers will speak to.
- Consistently hit targets, you will be critical to creating the pipeline of opportunities that will eventually become Mirakl clients. Without you, nothing happens!
- Be resilient, it won’t be easy but it will be incredibly rewarding!
- Bachelors degree qualified or higher
- Ideally 1-3 years experience in a sales/new business team, able to demonstrate a great ethic towards service and hitting individual and team goals.
- Ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills towards a senior-level audience
- MS Office skills required and knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce) a bonus