As part of the creation of our new US team, we are looking for an ambitious and dedicated individual that has what it takes to build relationships and succeed in a MarTech and ecommerce technology Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business. Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, high growth environment, recruiting new clients via a mixture of cold calling and warm leads to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals? And if you love nurturing and engaging with global brand stakeholders to consult them about the value of Where-to-Buy technology, then this job is for you.
The Business Development Representative position is a key engine for the growth of Hatch, connecting our innovative products and services to brands and manufacturers worldwide to our Where-to-Buy technology in the ecommerce and retail technology landscape.
The Business Development Representative works in a Pod structure together with Sales and Customer Success Managers to generate new business, onboard the clients and upsell existing clients. Each expertise contributes to the Pod to become a successful micro-business within the organization. The Business Development role prioritizes and aligns their activities with the Pod and in turn, reports directly to the Marketing & Business Development Director to ensure complete alignment in the lead to sales funnel.
- Research and prospect into potential brands, stakeholders, and decision-makers that are a good fit for Hatch products.
- Contact potential clients to create engagement and arrange meetings.
- Follow-up and qualify inbound leads.
- Create strong relationships with and nurture prospects to ensure continuous visibility and enable future pipeline opportunities.
- Work in the marketing and Business Development team to optimize lead qualification, prospecting, and nurturing activities.
- Work closely in the Americas Pod (full-cycle sales team) to effectively apply Account-Based Marketing tactics to get meetings with prospects.
- Work closely with inbound marketing to improve the overall lead quality, conversions and include new prospecting channels and methods.
- Support new (or existing) activities to increase the lead generation effectiveness.
- Collaborate, share best practices, tips & tricks, content and learnings with the Sales & Marketing teams.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Become a subject matter expert across our product suite to have high-level conversations with stakeholders to interest them to consider Hatch solutions.
- Support sales and marketing as needed.
- Willing to travel on some occasions.
- Excitement to grow your sales skills and career with a veteran team supporting you.
- 4-year college degree (business, marketing or related field is a plus).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages are a plus).
- Hard-working, self-motivated, reliable, and ethical.
- Ability to multi-task, set, and adjust priorities is critical.
- Ability to execute processes with an eye for detail.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Previous exposure with tools like Confluence, HubSpot (or SalesForce) CRM etc. is preferred.
- Experience with Social Selling (social media) is a plus.
- Preferabily you are located in Boston.
We are a fast-growing scale-up with our HQ in Amsterdam. We value our people and make sure that working at Hatch is fun (even across the Atlantic Ocean)! Work/life/fun balance is not just something we talk about, but something we live throughout the entire company. Our structured onboarding program will give you everything you need to be successful, you just bring yourself and all of the excitement and passion that has made you a great teammate/colleague throughout your life.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary;
- Bonus structure;
- Being part of a very successful fast-growing company, working with global A-list consumer brands;
- Remote working (Eastern time zone);
- Talented and progressive international team;
- Agile work environment;
- Start-Up culture & mindset (you have an idea, let's hear it!);
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- Potential to visit HQ in Amsterdam, Netherlands.