Ripple is growing and we’re looking for a dynamic leader to join the APAC business development team. As a senior member of the team, you will identify and secure key relationships across APAC to drive volume and build an ecosystem of cross-border payments solutions that leverage blockchain technology and digital assets. Ripple’s vision of an Internet of Value requires building an efficient global payments settlement ecosystem, and On-Demand Liquidity adoption is a core component of making that vision a reality.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and experienced growth professional with business development and strategic partnerships experience, having the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support potentially paradigm-shifting technology. Candidate’s ideal core skill sets should be in business development, deal execution, stakeholder management, digital assets/blockchain and cross-border payments. Working as part of a global team, candidates will need to be results oriented self-starters with the ability to work independently. Additionally, they should have an existing network in the region with important touch points in the payments, e-commerce, lending, digital assets, banking and finance industries. Lastly, candidates should be experienced in working with multiple cross-region stakeholders both internally and externally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and secure relationships with strategic partners in the region ranging from payment providers, banks, e-commerce, lending platforms, digital asset exchanges and custodians
- Structure, negotiate and execute complex commercial deals with strategic partners to drive volume and value for Ripple
- Be the primary liaison at senior levels for our partners and prospects in the region.
- Internally coordinate multiple stakeholders and functional teams in the region and HQ
- Collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy and deal execution
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of business development and strategic partnerships experience in APAC
- Excellent understanding of international payments specifically across APAC markets
- Experienced negotiator with track record of partnership building and deal-making
- Proven network across APAC with financial services, payments & digital assets industries
- Able to engage effectively at all levels of an organization (both internally and with partners).
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving, decision making and troubleshooting complex issues with the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Team player who believes in Ripple’s vision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Graduate and/or MBA or equivalent preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Weekly company-wide meeting - ask anything you may want to know
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.