Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
The Business Development Specialist, Marketplace is responsible for the growth and development of strategic business relationships, providing vision for sales strategies and the associated execution plan for Marketplace. The Marketplace is a complement to the MyGeotab platform that provides customers with an extensive ecosystem of valuable business-focused solutions.
What you'll do:
The core areas of accountability for BDSs include; subject matter expertise in the assigned category, curation of your assigned portfolio, relationship management, and driving partner success.
Subject matter expert (SME) in the assigned fleet category:
- Develop a deep knowledge base of industry trends and hot topics.
- Stay informed on the current competitive landscape in the category including leaders and newcomers.
- Participate in trade shows with opportunities relevant to the category to build relationships, network in the industry, and discover opportunities for new partnerships.
- Be available to Partner Account Managers (PAMs) & Resellers to educate and share knowledge as SME.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
Manage and nurture the relationship with Partners:
- Engage and collaborate with the teams involved with Partner onboarding.
- Lead the Partner through the onboarding process.
- Encourage Partners to use Geotab’s latest API’s where applicable and to pursue deep integrations, keeping the end user experience at the forefront.
- Attend weekly shared services meetings.
- Continue to develop Partner relationships, schedule regular phone calls and touch point meetings post-launch activities.
Drive Partner success in the Marketplace:
- Work with the Reseller Engagement team including PAMs and Resellers to provide Partner recommendations for category sales opportunities.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the Partners to review their performance on the Marketplace platform.
- Ensure Partners are held accountable to agreed upon standards during the onboarding process (e.g. security, support service levels, etc.).
- Review with Partners any escalations or feedback from Resellers, identify areas to improve the overall end customer experience.
- Drive collaboration between Partner and the Marketplace marketing team.
- Support CEMs and Resellers they engage with to understand Marketplace Partners and solutions.
Take a portfolio approach to assigned fleet category:
- Identify new Partner opportunities through outbound market research and analysis as well as inbound interest.
- Select new Partners that fill a need, market segment, or a price point and that align with the Marketplace vision and mission.
- Work with the Reseller Engagement team to gather feedback on category completeness.
- Effectively communicate the value of Marketplace to potential new Partners and persuade them to join the Marketplace ecosystem.
Assist the team with partner specific requests:
- Manage and oversee the hardware order process for partners looking to gather Geotab hardware for development and testing.
- Work with BDMs on partner specific tools needed for enhanced performance of their solution.
- Communicate with internal teams to overcome issues related to specific partner integrations.
- Collaborate with partners on how to better improve their solutions to fit new APIs and capabilities.
- Work within the team to identify new areas of focus either by category or functionality.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 1-3 years experience in sales, business development or solutions engineering.
- Implementation and integration consulting experience with software applications including data access by API.
- Experience in Fleet Management, Smart Cities, Big Data, or Transportation industry applications preferred.
- A preferred understanding of Geotab’s SDK and MyGeotab, preferred.
- Able to anticipate and understand Partners’ needs and provide viable solutions.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Salesforce.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected] Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.