Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
About the Role
As one of Ninja Van's new business units, the Ninja Direct business is a ‘startup within a startup’. As a Business Development Executive, will support a new business vertical that spans across Ninja Van’s key markets. You will lead the monitoring of operational and commercial activities within Ninja Direct Malaysia. You will also support the designing and implementation of process improvements to optimize operational and commercial capabilities (e.g. pre / post-sales experience for merchants).
Executing these new initiatives is extremely challenging. If you are a hardworking, highly motivated problem solver who just does not give up, then you might be up for the challenge, and we would like to hear from you.
- Strong problem - solving capability and highly adaptable to changing business landscape.
- Relationship management with different stakeholders to ensure smooth business operations.
- Design and implement process improvements to optimize operational and commercial capabilities (e.g. pre / post-sales experience for merchants).
- Prepare presentations and reports to update senior management on progress of initiatives and guide decision making on key issues.
- Align operational processes, resources-allocation and departmental goals with overall strategy
- Analyze key trends on consumer purchase behaviour of Ninja Direct and across markets
- Assess company’s operational and strategic performance timely and identify key areas of improvements.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research and competitive landscape analysis on key industry trends to identify new growth opportunities for Ninja Direct
- Develop and execute go-to-market approaches for new strategic initiatives to suit the local market.
- 0 to 3 years of working experience in business development
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- High level of resourcefulness and adaptability
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Professional fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia