Join us to solve real-world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
As a result of our growth expansion in Asia, we're looking to hire a Business Excellence Manager, Asia to join our growing Asia Growth Team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely not only with our demand and supply teams, but also different functions across the company to achieve our shared goals. You’ll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Report to MD, Asia and partner with company stakeholders across Asia and globally to identify gaps, and improve gaps with profitability drivers. Collaborative efforts across multiple functions to drive strategic initiatives (e.g. Trade finance, professional and data services, factory data integration and IT consulting services), manage budgets & OKR, improve growth processes and financial monitoring
- Upgrade the Asia customer experience and fine-tune the end-to-end customer lifecycle to operate sales activities more efficiently by leveraging data and product
- Build financial and operational metrics reporting and monitor the full client lifecycle from the top of the funnel to account management.
- Build a profitability culture by providing our CST and marketing teams with financial monitoring tools, improved financial literacy, monthly budget and sales profitability updates, and make decisions based on net revenue or contribution margin
- Leverage global and local best practices and provide our teams the knowledge to provide exceptional service to our customers and enable our ability to grow SOW
- Facilitate and lead various growth related meetings in order to identify opportunities and root causes for continuous improvement on companies goals
- Identify business growth opportunities with direct and channel customers and experiment to drive continued Flexport business growth and profitability through different initiatives and projects.
- Work closely with maker organization for sales efficiency initiatives and scaling
- Contribute to the development and implementation of GTM strategies in Asia
- Partner with Marketing and Comms teams to discover wins and prides for professional internal marketing
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with 3-5 years of professional logistics, supply chain, projects, programs or consulting experience in Asia, of which at least 2+ years in the greater China; MBA is a plus;
- Exceptional knowledge of data analytic and project or program management;
- Eager to learn, identify problems and creative in proposing solutions;
- Proven ability to creatively scope and launch new business initiatives;
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills and the ability to influence without authority;
- Execute end to end with world class follow through;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Strong strategic, consultancy mindsets and entrepreneurial spirit
Location: Shenzhen, Hong Kong or Shanghai
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.