The BI analyst will be supporting the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and working to ensure the team has the tools, models, data sources and technical knowledge they require.
This person should enjoy managing high volumes of commercial, financial and operational data and be comfortable providing forecasts, analysis and solutions. They will have the opportunity to directly influence senior management and their conclusions will have a wide ranging impact on the commercial decisions of our business.
- Data quality monitoring – ensure the cubes / data warehouse / other data sources are reliable and relevant
- Automation and efficiency – streamline reports, processes and procedures
- Work with IT, MIS and Developers on changes to / integration of additional sources of data
- Creation and maintenance of models, reports, dashboards as required
- Assist the FP&A team in the evaluation of emerging initiatives, investments and major operational changes
- Provide technical support to the Finance function
- Work proactively with key business partners to closely monitor risks and opportunities and identify improvement opportunities
- Undertake ad hoc project work, liaise with relevant insight colleagues and present findings to the management where appropriate
- Foster strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the team
- Provision, management and maintenance of reports, models, dashboards
- Data quality problems and significant emerging trends identified at earliest possible opportunity
- Improved accuracy of forecasting and reporting
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Quick learner, ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and focus on priorities
- Advanced Excel modelling (OLAP cubes & VBA a bonus)
- Business Intelligence / analysis experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good SQL, ability to write complex queries
- Solid technical/functional knowledge in statistics and experience using R or similar
- Financial/Accounting knowledge and commercial acumen
- Experience with BI/Reporting Software – Tableau particularly
- Other helpful - ETL knowledge, T-SQL, batch scripts, data warehouses, ODBC.
Main interactions within & outside organization / External & Internal Environmental Factors:
- Finance teams on weekly/daily basis on forecast, actual tracking, variance analysis
- IT, MIS and Development teams on data requirements, quality and changes
- Senior management on monthly/quarterly basis for budget and forecast/outlook review, risk and opportunities review and other ad hoc.