We are notonthehighstreet
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners, and now, more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing everything we can to highlight these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses, and generally championing their socks off.
The last six months has seen big progress and investment in our data and tech teams and platforms. In Data, we’ve collaboratively defined a company wide strategy which, as part of it, aims to transform the way business users make data driven decisions through a combination of self-serve technologies and training/coaching, and we’ve significantly increased the number of analysts and engineers to make sure we can deliver on it.
What we need
We have a modern ELT analytics tech stack that we’re always looking to evolve, with Airflow for orchestration, Stitch for loading/data consolidation, a Snowflake data warehouse, DBT for transformations and Tableau for data visualization. DBT Cloud is currently landing and data visualisation is up next for review.
We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level through better use of data, and that’s where you come in.
As the Business Intelligence Engineering Manager reporting into our Head of Data, you will facilitate the development of a data literate self-serve reporting culture by revamping our analytical data models, levelling up our reporting capabilities, and improving our data quality.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- We want to make accessing and manipulating data for our analysts and data scientists a cinch. You’ll evaluate the modelling and transformation aspects of our existing analytical data warehouse (Snowflake + DBT) and design and execute on a strategy for data architecture best practice
- A data literate organisation with business users that can make data-driven decisions quickly is a huge advantage. You and your team will ensure the business users are upskilled in data manipulation and can self-serve in gathering and visualising the information they need
- We need to continually ensure that the technologies we use are fit for purpose. You’ll be a key decision-maker in the selection process of any new data warehouse, transformation, or reporting/presentation tools
- Capturing and prioritising the needs of the various business teams, whether it be top-level monitoring or deep-dive insights, is critical for our success. You’ll collaborate with the Partner, Merchandising, Marketing and Finance teams to define requirements and iteratively improve cross-functional workflows and processes
- Development of team members is critical to success and engagement. You’ll hire, mentor, train and upskill a fledgling Analytics Engineering team members to ensure they are continually developing and improving
Experience and skills you’ll need...
- Significant experience working in a data centric team that applies engineering best practices (Data Eng, Data Warehousing, Analytics Eng etc)
- Sound knowledge and experience of data warehouse design and data transformation (DBT, Power BI, Airflow etc.) in an ELT paradigm
- Expertise with high-performance cloud data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift)
- Experience managing junior team members
- Great communication skills with the ability to build good relationships across the business. Capable of switching and translating between technical and non-technical audiences on the fly
- Highly diligent with unwavering attention to detail
…and some other skills & experience that would be a bonus
- Experience transforming data specifically with DBT / DBT Cloud
- Expertise in data visualisation/reporting
- Experience with defining and creating semantic models for reporting tools such as Looker, Power BI, Holistics etc.
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!