At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. From our office in Downtown Toronto, we’ve created leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started.
The impact you’ll make
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will impact our business by fueling the best in class data analytic and reporting platform at Loblaw Digital that will empower our business users in making data driven decisions and strategies in their everyday work.
We’re growing our BI team to better serve the enterprise data strategy and want you to be a part of it. You’ll work with users across the organization to understand how data helps them and translate that into solutions that will bring data from various systems into our data warehouse. We’re looking to turn our enviable wealth of data into actionable insights and meaningful recommendations that drive growth and improved engagement across all of our lines of business, and a customer-focused mindset is a must-have.
What you'll do
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business needs, perspectives and use cases
- Define reporting and metric requirements and translate into data specification
- Build automated and scalable reporting solutions to enable business users to efficiently consume data insights
- Develop dashboard and visualizations with focus on user experience
- Derive insights from data to support business strategy and decision making
- Work with data engineers to define data models and pipeline requirements
- Understand company data and actively support and enforce data processes and standards
Does this Sound like you?
- 2+ years of experience working in a BI analyst or data analyst role
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of business terminologies
- Knowledge of BI concepts and data modelling
- Hands on experience with advanced features in Looker
- Experience in prototyping dashboard and visualizations
- Experience with gathering data insights and identifying trends in data
- Understanding of common business KPIs
- Exposure to cloud based data analytic solution is a plus
- Experience with Python and Git are assets
- Analytical thinking and open mindset are must-haves
- Strong business communication and stakeholder management skills
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.