About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA
Your role in our mission
The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the development of automated and self-service reporting tools as well as the day to day business reporting. This will help provide insight into business performance as well as helping the business run operationally. They will work with the Business Intelligence Analysts and Architects to help improve and build out the businesses reporting suite.
Using SQL Server Analysis, reporting and integration services they will produce and design reports and data cubes by drawing data from the Data Warehouse and/or Data Marts.
Day to day they will engage with the business to understand how they want to use the data, provide effective data analysis and ensure end users utilise the reports to their full potential.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help grow a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are ambitious and want to become a member of a team committed to building end to end MI to transform the way a company acts
- You have experience as a BI Developer or in a Data Analytics function, ideally in FinTech.
- You have an analytical mind with problem solving aptitude.
- You have experience in stakeholder management, and translating technical language into business language.
- You are capable of presenting complex technical details, concepts and information in an easy to understand format.
- You have real enthusiasm to work in a fast growth startup - you will thrive if you are a self-motivated, fast-paced, action oriented, “roll your sleeves up and get-things-done” sort of person who wants to work in a small team where everyone makes a difference.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and frequently changing priorities and a genuine can-do attitude.
- You are degree educated, preferably in a mathematical or computer science related subject or have equivalent commercial experience
Technical experience required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing SQL to retrieve and analyse data from a database
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience using an MI/BI reporting tool such as SSRS, Tableau, Zoho, Google Reports
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with and building multidimensional data cubes.
- Experience of using and working with MDX or equivalent.
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Has a deep understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the BI/MI reporting space.
- An understanding of logical and physical database architecture and schema design
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong ability to manage high volumes of work and be efficient at prioritising tasks
What you’ll do
- Interact with staff to gather requirements and help prioritise these requirements
- Produce both regular and ad-hoc reports using SQL server reporting services
- Build and maintain data-cubes using SQL server analysis services
- Ensure delivery of reporting is timely and accurate
- Adhere to good systems development methodology
- Take ownership and manage small projects
- Support the on-boarding of Business Users for reporting and dashboards.
- Use SQL Server report monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning
- Design, review, develop and implement production of SQL Server database objects, models and designs
- Update and create documentation as required
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Train and mentor junior staff and or skilled business users on report design and development
- Produce technical specifications and design documents
- Ensure all regular reports are documented with instructions and clear to understand code
- Regularly quality check reports as well as interrogate the source system data to ensure data quality and integrity, reporting and raising any discrepancies
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complementary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.