We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
ApplyBoard is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer that values collaboration and nurtures innovation while working in an energetic team. The ideal candidate will be skilled in data cleaning and data visualization to help the company use the data collected to provide insights to our partners. They will be responsible for scoping out problems and understanding the problem statement, manipulating and cleaning data, and creating reports and visualizations for external users.
- Build Product Ready Dashboards
- Full stack capabilities from original data source to implementation of visualization
- Write end-to-end production ready scripts
- Showcase trends in data and understand “what” is happening
- Create reports and visualizations through data analysis that help solve business problems
- Querying databases to gather data from various sources
- Manipulating and cleaning data from structured and unstructured sources
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Facilitate and support the use of sound analytical practices across the organization
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance, or similar
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to learn, adapt, and solve tough problems Strong analytical skills, data visualization skills and an open mind
- Proficient with visualization tools (YellowFin, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)Highly skilled at querying and analyzing data using SQL
- Excellent ability to disseminate data findings in both written and oral forms with the ability to communicate this across all levels of the business
- Experience cleaning data with Python
- Entrepreneurial spirit, taking initiative and working in a small, nimble team
- Driven, passionate and creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.