The Otterbein Staffing Agency Business Office Manager is responsible for doing completing a variety of duties necessary to insure the smooth operation of the OSA. The main functions are hiring partners, scheduling OSA partners to fill shifts in the various Otterbein ministries in a 24/7 operation in collaboration with operations leaders. This requires being on call during the week and every other weekend. This is a key position that backs up the OSA Director and professionally performs the duties that have been delegated to maintain timely activity particularly when the OSA Director is in the field.
At Otterbein, you are not an “employee.” You are a partner in caring because we are all partners working together for a goal. We believe in person-centered care that honors the residents and the choices they make. Otterbein partners are dedicated to providing the highest level of compassionate, and quality care. Join our team of Partners who are talented, kind, wise, funny, spirited, generous, endearing, and so much more.
Salary Range: $55,000-$63,000
- Lead staffing efforts for OSA clinical partners
- Collaborate with the Home Office Talent Acquisition department:
- by using their established tools, processes and procedures
- by supporting external recruitment efforts
- Conduct the credentials verification interview
- Complete new hire offer letters
- Manage new hire paperwork, fingerprinting, background check, licensure verification, and reference checks, policy acknowledgement, and ensure compliance with regulations
- Schedule new hires for Orientation.
- Respond to information requested for unemployment claims.
- Monday – Friday; every third week Monday – Thursday, 4 hours Saturday & 4 hours Sunday
- Shares on-call during the week and every third weekend with OSA Director and Scheduling Support Specialist
- Complete payroll insuring timely and accurate completion.
- Assist partners and Director with the process and documentation requirements for FMLA, Leave of Absence, Workers Comp light duty letters, etc.
- Code invoices and billing; reconcile benefits bills, as needed.
- Assists the OSA Director with the preparation and management of the budget and proposals for external companies
- Relays appropriate information at regular intervals to Home Office Accounting.
- Audits and reconciles the OSA hours charged to internal locations to insure accuracy for financial statements and Payroll Based Journaling (PBJ)
- Accounts Receivable Creates and sends invoices to external customers; follows up to insure payment
- Code invoices and billing
- Collaborates with Home Office Billing to insure late payment resolution
- Accounts Payable: Reviews and approves all AP invoices on a weekly basis prior to processing
- General Ledger: Accurately performs all activities required to post the Accounts Receivables and Journal Entries to the facility General Ledger. Prepares financial reports accurately and timely
Partner (Partner) Relations
- Act as a liaison between partners and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations
- Assist management to apply policies consistently
- Coordinates the introductory and annual evaluation process
- Processes pay changes
- Insure Human Resources files are survey ready at all times
- Maintains COVID vaccine log and approved exemptions
- Maintain and audit partner files for new hire and annual requirements checks.
- Maintain worker’s compensation system, background check log and OSHA log.
- Monitor and support management with the performance management processes.
- Maintain attendance and tardy system documentation
- File records as needed
- Maintain human resource information system records
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing data
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation; help ensure compliance
- Performs any other duties as assigned
Education: Minimum four year degree in Business or Accounting, or relevant experience
Licensure/Certification: Human Resource Certification, preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in a business office dealing with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll, and Human Resources.
- Experience in a long-term care//nursing home environment or staffing agency a plus.
- Experience with an HRIS database, applicant tracking system and/or scheduling systems preferred
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Why work for Otterbein SeniorLife?
For more than 100 years, Otterbein has provided senior living options rooted in respect and community. We’re a non-profit 501(c)(3) health and human service organization, so our values and initiatives are focused on serving our residents.
Otterbein SeniorLife consists of Lifestyle Communities, revolutionary Small House Neighborhoods, Home Health, and Hospice care in Ohio and Indiana. We offer different lifestyle options for seniors through independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, rehab, memory support, respite care, in-home care, and hospice services.
Nearly 30% of your life is spent at work. Why not love your job? Apply today and begin a meaningful career as a Business Office Manager with Otterbein Staffing Agency.