As the Business Operations Associate, you will own important initiatives and join us on the ground floor, helping to provide operational insights and serve as a thought partner to teams across the company, helping to set and execute on strategic initiatives. In a typical day, you might do a deep dive analysis on our product pricing strategy, champion the creation and execution of a financial dashboard, or help define our core values and culture.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. Gigster is backed by Andreessen, Greylock, and Y Combinator and has grown rapidly since our launch 18 months ago. You must live in San Francisco or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, delivered lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, designed social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research and genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Create structured frameworks to help our leads evaluate business decisions
• Partner with leads across the company to develop and implement operational plans
• Assist in the evaluation of new markets, from opportunity sizing to profitability analysis
• Design and build dashboards to analyze, monitor and visualize key performance metrics
• Analyze data, extrapolate trends, and highlight insights or opportunities for product and business decisions
• Architect and manage end-user reporting tools and systems, ensuring reports are accurate and up-to-date
• Determine our regular KPI recording cadence
• A Bachelor’s Degree from a top ranked school, with outstanding academic performance (3.8 GPA or higher).
• An undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
• 2+ years related experience
• Strong quantitative ability - you love doing math in your head
• Experience with Tableau, Looker, etc
• Highly skilled at SQL and NoSQL queries to navigate through relational and non-relational databases
• Investment banking or consulting experience a plus