is a hyper-growth fintech startup in crypto. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges, as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving to crypto.
Culturally, we combine the best traits of both trading companies and technology startups. As a trading company, we manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $1B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. As a technology startup, we create best-in-class liquidity products that create more efficient more liquid markets algorithmically. We believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial service providers.
Wintermute is a Series B highly profitable startup backed by top tier investors like Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com
Ventures and others.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Business Operations professional who is interested in making an impact by working on a large set of varied projects (big and small) that all contribute to growing the business.
As we are a high growth startup in one of the most dynamic industries, we are constantly changing and so do the roles of everyone in the company. Your role will be very varied and will include some of the core ownership areas, some more ad hoc projects as well as various projects based on both your talents/preferences and business needs of the company. There is a lot of room to shape snd expand this role - there is no limit set by the company! Some representative responsibilities and projects are set below.
A selection of responsibilities or projects
Go-to-Market Strategy: you will be working together with Management Team on developing Wintermute’s Go-to-Market strategy including branding, positioning and increasing market awareness of Wintermute’s product propositions, as well as propositions for target talent
Marketing: you will work on developing marketing strategy (B2B) and related content creation and distribution; you will work on global marketing initiatives such as web-site redesign, social media strategy and execution and geography-specific marketing initiatives (e.g., Asia)
Recruitment marketing: you will work with the world’s top universities and other partners to raise awareness of Wintermute; design and execute marketing strategies and events
Talent management: you will work with the Management Team to scale HR and recruitment operations and design processes that would make Wintermute an even better place to work
Ad hoc projects: you will work on a number of ad hoc projects (big and small), from project management of strategic initiatives to smaller but not least important operational projects
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc/MSc in Business/Marketing/HR/Economics or related field
- Hands-on experience in marketing, content creation (can be personal, outside work) OR business operations in a startup environment OR management consulting experience (analyst/associate level)
- Strong reasoning skills
- Systematic approach to work, project management skills, ability to manage own time and work under strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written - this is not about pitching or extraversion, but being convincing, concise, precise, a good listener; being clear on next steps and always following up on promises
- Experience building things and delivering results - this could be professional, academic or personal, but we need to see some ownership and value-creation beyond execution or functional responsibility in an "average corporate" function
- Curiosity in crypto, blockchain, trading and ability to learn new concepts and new business software tools fast
- Have an owner mentality - you focus on ultimate result (growth of the company) and do whatever needs to be done to get there; ready to be very hands-on and DIY
- Love finding solutions see the results of your work live
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset versus work 9-to-5 “work to pay bills”; prepared to work non-standard working hours when required (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
- Like working in the team environment working from our London office (as much as Covid restrictions allow)
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of cross-functional responsibility that would take years to get elsewhere
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth profitable startup and one of the strongest and highest potential startups based in London
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet startupy, collaborative, entrepreneurial
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed salary we offer performance-based bonuses and equity
- A cool office in central London with sci-fi touch
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and the space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in Wintermute and in this role in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- If you don't have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant (but note, we do require some finance background/expertise)
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!