Business Operations Specialist
Reporting to the Director, Business Operations, this position will be accountable for process improvement initiatives, working closely with multiple internal cross-departmental teams to identify needs and provide recommendations for optimization. Duties will include leading program retros, maintaining operations data updates and reporting on internal insights and learnings.
- Execute process optimization initiatives and identify scalable solutions to improve productivity, remove barriers, and create improved processes for the branded video business
- Work cross-functionally with business teams to operationalize branded programs and new products
- Manage and provide visibility into various ad product pipelines
- Empower internal business teams with the necessary tools and know-how to tackle responsibilities and challenges related to ad products and offerings
- Lead program retros to identify challenges and opportunities and create a system of continued iteration for business improvements
- Support Project Management team with operational needs
- Develop a thorough understanding of BuzzFeed ad products and offerings
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Provide additional support and coverage for Director, Business Operations and Operations Project Managers, as needed
- Experience in project management and/or consultation, especially pertaining to internal business operations; experience in an agency or production environment a plus
- Knowledge and passion for social and viral advertising.
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills required
- Superior organization and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
- Strong reporting experience using Excel and other project management tools
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 6B monthly video views.