About the Role
A key role in our UK team, as the People and Culture Business Partner Manager you will be responsible for providing strategic People and Culture (P&C) business partnership to the UK leadership and management teams across Corporate, Customer Service and Styling functions as well as acting as the UK P&C advocate and country lead. As a Stitch Fix Business Partner, you will solve complex organisational challenges through people-related solutions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging existing convention, and in some cases reinvent how the work is done. You will work to empower our UK managers in their roles to continue to deliver people excellence in their teams, using both company wide performance programmes as well as specific regional guidance and advice. You will also work in close partnership with the Talent, Learning and Development, and Total Rewards/Operations leaders on the People and Culture team to deliver both global company and UK specific cross functional goals.
The role serves both strategic and operational goals: you are responsible for adapting and rolling out company-wide strategic P&C initiatives in the region as well enabling the UK business strategy by building and executing independent, progressive people plans. This will be actioned in partnership with the US-based P&C teams and should be a balance of centralised support and localised execution. Ongoing & immediate you’ll tackle are continuing to build P&C foundational framework in the region to support future scale, as well as leaning into the strategic work to support the UK team’s growth plans.
This role is 10-month FTC position with possibility for extension.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help us to revolutionise human resources -- we are not HR, we will surprise you!
- Serve as the lead People Partner to our UK team while overseeing the UK P&C Business Partner in high volume people related work.
- Champion and embody the Stitch Fix culture, mission, and values.
- Coach and advise managers + leaders on how to lead their teams, navigate and resolve employee relations issues or manage programs that help develop our people.
- Demonstrate your exceptional talents at putting the people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible in helping others understand how people decisions get made.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organized work.
- Be hands-on, working side by side with our people on a variety of people related areas, like rolling out programmes to the UK region to support the People and Culture team, including compensation, performance and talent programmes.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions. Complex problem solving is a key aspect of this role!
- Be able to ‘navigate the grey’ and be comfortable working in the unknown to deliver Stitch Fix specific goals.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years experience in an HR generalist role.
You have collaborated with business leaders to create their people plan, solve problems, and influence change.
- You can fly high & fly low with strategic & operational agility. You’re capable of being a strategic partner as well as rolling your sleeves up, working hands on in the operational know-how.
You’re knowledgeable in multiple human resource disciplines includingengagement, compensation practices, organisational development, employee relations, performance management and development frameworks.
- You have experience / knowledge of working with international HR teams - either leading from an HQ perspective or from working within European regions.
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments.
Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks.
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.