The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Protective Life is looking for a Systems Analyst in its Birmingham, AL corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate for this position will leverage strong technical skills to play a significant role in analysis, design, development, testing, support and managing relationships for our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Information Technology staff and customers. The candidate must be a self-starter and possess a strong aptitude to pick up new skills and knowledge through research and perseverance. He/She must be adaptable to an ever changing environment, as well as have the ability to think outside the box to provide innovative solutions. The position provides an opportunity to work in an agile team environment, to interact and influence change across functional departments, and to develop best IT and business processes.
Primary Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and the capabilities it provides
- Lead coordination with customers to elicit and translate business needs into detailed functional requirements
- Develop a trusting relationship with customers in order to better support the business area on enhancement requests and system-related issues
- Collaborate with development team to design and transition functional requirements into technical solution
- Continuously explore new technologies to further facilitate discussions on how they could be used to make our processes more efficient
- Test user stories and ensure all acceptance criteria is met
- Work within an agile environment following sprint commitments and release schedules
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience
- Experience working with business units to define needs, provide analysis and document consequences of change
- Experience collaborating with internal IT teams to define and designapplication solutions that meet the customer needs and IT best practices
- Desired Experience
- Experience with configuring and customizing Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM or other CRM products
- Experience with Agile methodology and proven ability to transform complex problems into stories
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong aptitude to pick up new skills and knowledge through research and perserverance
- The adaptability to work in an everchanging and dynamic environment
- Ability to think outside the box to provide innovative solutions
- Self-starter that can initiate research and/or contact with others in order to solve issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork and facilitation
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $75,000 to $$90,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.