At Alector, our mission is to develop therapies that empower the immune system to cure neurodegeneration. Our team is solely focused on developing cures for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported in this mission by experienced and accomplished scientists and board members, leading healthcare investors and some of the most innovative pharma companies.
As a Sr Associate Buyer on the Finance team, you'll work closely with various individuals to ensure our procure-to-pay process is efficient. As a motivated contributor you will multiple task execute successfully.
You will apply your negotiation and multi-tasking skills and knowledge, learn new skills and play a key role in guiding the growth of the Finance department. As an early hire, you'll be influential in championing and developing Alector's culture.
During your first year, your goals will include:
- Process requisitions and release complete purchase orders
- Contact vendors for pricing and availability
- Assist requestors with following up on orders and returns as needed
- Collaborate with Legal to ensure contracts are routed for signatures
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to assist in resolving invoicing related issues.
- Maintain purchasing data
- Assist with projects as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of procurement, order management, and/or business experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, ERP systems, such as Netsuite, Coupa, Nvoicepay or similar systems (highly desired)
- Procure to Pay SOX compliance experience (highly desired)
- Microsoft Suite experience (required)
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively prioritize across multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a dynamic and energizing environment
At Alector, we believe that high-performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Alector is a great place to learn and experiment. If you excel in a dynamic environment where everyone is committed to finding a cure, where you’ll drive growth, this is the role for you. There is no limit to how far you can go with us.
While we’ve focused on what to look forward to during the first year and beyond, Day One is great, too: committed and driven colleagues, a bold and important company goal, state-of-the-art brand-new brightly-lit offices in the heart of the biotech area, competitive compensation and benefits. But these matter only if you’re excited to build and own something great, and take on these challenges with us. Come join us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.