At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual vehicle safety structure performance development, in collaboration with structural architect and system leads, you will work in optimizing the vehicle structure to meet each of the safety performance targets in front, side, and rear crash.
- Lead the virtual vehicle structural safety performance development in close collaboration the system engineering teams for front, side, and rear crash
- Organize and direct weekly / daily CAE meetings with the Zoox CAE team and service suppliers
- Maintain up-to-date virtual DVPs and execute accordingly
- Generate virtual analysis engineering reports
- Lead virtual and physical correlation - working closely with the vehicle safety leads
- Provide countermeasures / design solutions to performance issues, working closely with engineering to execute the changes
- Report out at project gateways and key engineering meetings
- Ensure virtual tools, methodologies and correlation are in place to improve virtual predictive quality for crash safety
- CAE Process improvement initiatives
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field, and 10+ years of automotive experience
- Knowhow of LS-Dyna, ANSA, Primer, and Hyperworks
- Proven experience leading teams and CAE projects from concept to production
- Background in vehicle safety CAE performance development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.