1776 is a public benefit corporation that empowers startup ecosystems around the world to solve complex challenges. Our goal is to provide anyone, anywhere in the world with the opportunity to participate in the innovation economy and to ensure the digital revolution actually solves real world problems, which are typically highly regulated, complex and massive. We believe focusing on these challenges will lead to bigger impact.
We are now recruiting energetic and talented undergrad & graduate students with a passion for entrepreneurship to join the 1776 Intern Program. If this sounds like you, please read on!
- Conduct research and prepare reports for a variety of Campus-related projects
- Perform outreach to external partners and market research
- Assist with events and daily campus activities
- Support daily Campus operational needs including front desk duties, general tours and visitors
- Manage Campus communications including communication to members and staff about visitors and campus functioning
- Support projects related to business development, campus procurement and enhancements; marketing
- Creating and editing systems and procedures guidelines
- Develop and manage a deliverable over the course of the semester with guidance from the Campus team
- Current undergrad/graduate students or recent university grads. Preference will be given to undergrad/graduate students who will receive course credit for their participation in our internship program. Please state whether or not you will receive credit in your cover letter.
- Ability to commit at least 16 hours per week (flexible structure)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must; TOFEL/IELTS scores will be requested for international applicants
- Ability to work in a team environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction
- Fluent computer skills, including basic troubleshooting and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other software tools
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating Web 2.0 sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Strong customer service mindset and ability to handle problems with grace
- Personal computer to be used for assigned projects and duties
This is an unpaid internship so we require students receive university credit for participation in our program