1776 is a public benefit corporation that empowers startup ecosystems around the world to solve complex challenges. Our goal is to provide anyone, anywhere in the world with the opportunity to participate in the innovation economy and to ensure the digital revolution actually solves real world problems, which are typically highly regulated, complex and massive. We believe focusing on these challenges will lead to bigger impact.
1776 is now recruiting energetic and talented undergrad & graduate students with a passion for entrepreneurship to join the 1776 Intern Program. If you want to develop valuable experience in a fast-paced environment where you can collaborate with the some of the most inspiring startups changing industries that matter, then we are a good match!
- Conduct research and prepare reports for a variety of Campus-related projects
- Perform outreach to external partners and market research
- Assist with events and daily campus activities
- Support daily Campus operational needs including reception duties, mail distribution, general tours and visitors
- Manage Campus communications including communication to members and staff about visitors, campus functioning and equipment
- Support projects related to business development, campus procurement and enhancements; marketing
- Creating and editing systems and procedures guidelines
- Current undergrad/graduate students or recent university grads. Preference will be given to undergrad/graduate students who will receive course credit for their participation in our internship program. Please state whether or not you will receive credit in your cover letter.
- Ability to commit at least 16 hours per week (flexible structure)
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must; TOFEL/IELTS scores will be requested for international applicants
- Ability to work in a team environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction
- Fluent computer skills, including basic troubleshooting and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other software tools
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating Web 2.0 sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Strong customer service mindset and ability to handle problems with grace
- Personal computer and phone to be used for assigned projects and duties
This is an unpaid internship so we require students receive university credit for participation in our program