The Care Coordinator is responsible for developing and providing high-quality therapeutic interventions and services in support of an individual’s wellness and recovery. Services include strength-based and needs-based therapeutic case management, problem-solving, therapeutic rehabilitation including skills-building, benefits support, resource development, housing navigation, crisis intervention, and family support. Schedules include Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a full complement of services, including individual, family, group counseling, individual rehabilitation, and case management/brokerage for individuals within the Care Coordinator's caseload as assigned.
- Responsible for utilizing Evidence-Based Practice for the designated population/program to assure high-quality results and intended impact.
- Responsible for continuously assessing an individual’s risk status including risk-based symptoms, substance use, environment, physical conditions, etc, and intervening appropriately.
- Responsible for assessing the continued service necessity and creating a service plan that aims at an individual getting better/healthy and accomplishing service goals that are person-centered and belong to the client.
- Responsible for continuous outreach and progressive engagement and reporting disengagement to the team immediately. Responsible for working with the outreach team and determining when to disenroll individuals based on program protocols.
- Responsible for domain-based assessment, screening referrals, service planning, community planning, and benefits coordination which supports wellness and recovery principles. Responsible for care planning and therapeutic case management using a whatever it takes approach.
- Documents and maintains all data collection, reporting, and charting records in accordance with BACS and other relevant county regulatory policies/agencies. Responsible for producing the required number of regulatory units of service per month (65% of staff’s time must be provided face-to-face or other eligible community-based support).
- Participates in supervision, staff meetings, consultation, travel, crisis/emergency coverage, weekend coverage, as well as, agency-wide meetings and training, as required by the manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assesses strengths and needs in the planning, provision, and documenting of individualized services. Links to resources and advocates for clients.
- Works well with others and behaves professionally and ethically while developing professionally.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a therapeutic team.
- Is adaptable and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Is effective at balancing interests of a variety of clients; readily readjusts priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands. Anticipates and meets the need of clients; achieves quality end-products; is committed to the continuous improvement of services.
- Expresses facts and ideas verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications of Word, Outlook, and systems–based documentation platforms. Documents services effectively and efficiently.
- Deeply connected to and from the community BACS serves and reflective of the BACS community.
- Associate Degree and six years of social service, behavioral health, case management experience, or
- Bachelor Degree and four years of social service, behavioral health, case management experience, or
- ASW/LCSW or AMFT/MFT with current BBS registration; and 2 years social service experience, or
- LVN with current licensure; four years of mental health experience
- Bilingual in a threshold language preferred.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- One month PAID sabbatical after 4 Years – not charging PTO
- Once Licensed, free access to beautiful office space to start your private practice*
- Free iPhone with unlimited data for personal/professional use + laptop for easy mobility*
- Annual bonus if the agency meets goals
- Fully paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage for employees & dependents – nothing comes out of your check
- 31 days off (PTO and Holidays), increasing with tenure. Your birthday is a paid holiday annually.
- 403b with BACS matching contribution
- Tuition reimbursement for student loans & tuition, CEUs, etc.
- Clinical supervision hours towards licensure
BAY AREA COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER