We are looking for a Carrier Relations Manager to join our team working with our SMS partners and our internal experts to expand the partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service.
About the job:
- This person in this role will be responsible for management of the partner mix, performance, and strategy for our SMS product in accordance with Twilio’s financial goals, quality standards, and product feature
- This individual will own the full life cycle of these relationships from deal negotiations through contract and operations.
- This position can be remote.
- Manage the overall business relationship with telecommunication providers, including daily, weekly, and monthly communication, deal-making and negotiation, contract negotiation, and strategic direction.
- Establish the deal structures and partnership framework for the delivery of the Twilio service.
- Accountable for the business and partner performance management against cost and quality performance goals for the Twilio service.
- Lead the business escalation process with each telecommunication provider to ensure proper attention is given at appropriate intervals to critical service issues.
- Act as subject-matter expert for business and regulatory affairs associated with the telecommunications industry on new and prospective product/service launches.
- Communicate strategy and progress internally, and collaborate with an array of internal teams including business development, finance, legal, marketing, product, and engineering.
- 5+ years relevant experience in the SMS industry.
- Deep knowledge of wholesale messaging.
- Ability to inspire internal teams to handle deadlines, understand contractual obligations, and build world-class products.
- Experience working on international programs and projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and engagements at the same time.
- Hands on: Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Gets things done. High personal productivity: you are a “doer” first.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.