Why you’ll love the team
Because we are solving a unique problem, one that’s mostly untouched by other ecommerce players. We are designing ecommerce for the Next Billion Users - the users from Tier-2+ markets who are new to the ecommerce landscape and have (almost) never transacted online before.Our category teams are as diverse as our users. We act from frontlines to actively drive the mission of democratizing internet commerce for everyone. Our teams are composed of Senior Business Managers/Business Managers, Associate Business Managers and a group of Key Account Managers and Business Development Executives. We interact with the Category Marketing team, Product team, User growth and Operations team on a routine basis.All of us work hard together to ensure that we continue to be the No. 1 shopping destination for Bharat users. We are passionate, energetic individuals who work like entrepreneurs. Moving at 10 x speed is where we excel. If you want a high powered career growth and supporting work environment, we are the right destination for you!
We are looking for
- We are looking for a dynamic, self starting, result oriented Category Associate who can display strong execution skills along with high analytical horsepower to wade through complexity and ambiguity. As Category Associate, you will be required to make and execute a plan for scaling up suppliers’ businesses, expanding selection and ensuring best prices for your category. You will also play an instrumental role in enabling the entire team to deliver the bar-raising performance every time.If you love solving problems, enjoy being in leadership roles and have a zeal for setting up and improving business processes, do send us your application. We promise you an excellent work culture, high learning environment and a very exciting professional journey!
As a Category Associate, you will
- Mentor, motivate & provide direction to a team of Key Account Managers
- Advocate Meesho’s values & principles across your team.
- Work with central teams to ensure best selection, affordable prices and high discovery on the platform
- Develop robust processes for smooth execution of all critical tasks
- Define KRA's & goals for the team and individuals.Compile and evaluate metrics for success assessment of individual and team level tasks
- Communicate priorities and key decisions with stakeholders with your excellent verbal, written & visual communication skills.Drive higher suppliers engagement and quick problem resolution through effectively guiding your team
- Be comfortable with challenges and exude confidence to build processes to drive higher efficiency and better outcomesInfluence strategic decisions across the organization by earning the trust of your stakeholders. Effectively use quantitative & qualitative data to drive decisions & measure success.
- Helps define category short & medium term goals, design execution roadmap and set team priorities that align with company’s overall strategic goals.
What you’ll bring to the team
- BE/B.tech from tier 2+ institutes.
- MBA preferred.1-3 years of overall experience with at least 1+ years in leading teams.
- Experience with startups and fast-paced environments is an added advantage.
- Experience of using Microsoft excel to analyze data and build POV
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and tactically
- Deep understanding of business and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead team and manage relevant stakeholders
Meesho is India’s fastest growing e-commerce company. We started in 2015 with the idea of helping mom & pop stores to sell online. Today, 5% of Indian households shop with us on any given day 😎. We’ve helped over 15 million individual entrepreneurs start online businesses with zero investment. We’re democratising internet commerce by offering a 0% commission model for sellers on our platform — a first for India. We aim to become the e-commerce destination for Bharat. How? Find out from our blogs
Democratise internet commerce for everyone
Har Indian ka APNA MARKET