Grovo is reimagining learning for today’s teams. The workplace learning company combines beautiful technology, engaging content, and hands-on advisory support to deliver a better way to learn at work. The heart of Grovo’s approach is microlearning -- bite-sized video lessons, exercises and real-world practice delivered in the right way, at the right time. From digital skills to leadership training, Grovo teaches employees the behaviors to be extraordinary at what they do, on a platform that learners and trainers love.
Founded in 2010, Grovo has delivered more than 9 million learning moments at organizations in over 190 countries. Its own culture of learning has earned the company recognition as a "Best Place to Work" by Entrepreneur Magazine, Crain’s, and Internet Week. Headquartered in NYC, Grovo has raised venture financing from some of the world’s best investors, including Accel Partners, Greg Waldorf, Costanoa Venture Capital, SoftTech VC, and Vayner Capital. Learn more at www.grovo.com.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO & Cofounder, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for performing all financial tasks and oversight necessary to help grow ARR 10x by 2018 while improving efficiency and profitability. To this end, you’ll ensure constant access to sufficient funding and liquidity including reaching IPO readiness, establish best practices for evaluating opportunities to maximize return on investment, implement tools and technology to automate processes, elevate finance to the role of trusted business partner, and promote a culture of cost management throughout the organization.
- Serve as strategic financial partner to executive leadership team by producing actionable insights from data-driven analysis to assist in making decisions grounded in sound financial criteria
- Works closely with company leaders to develop the strategic roadmap for the company by assisting in identifying new opportunities and managing all aspects of financial assessment including forecasting, ROI and performance measurement, and capital allocation and funding requirements
- Serve as the voice of the company on all aspects related to overall financial performance, effectively communicating results to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and oversee the all budget, forecast and capital planning processes
- Oversee the preparation and communication of quarterly and audited annual financial statements and the timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns
- Establish effective & robust internal controls. Make recommendations for automating processes and identify, acquire and implement systems to increase efficiency and accuracy of providing critical financial and operational data where necessary.
- Manage, oversee and develop internal finance functions, including FP&A, Accounting, and Corporate Development
- Ensure finance best practices spread throughout the organization by elevating the function into the role of trusted business partner
- Become a proactive, positive, cross-functional member of our Leadership team
- Elite financial acumen with background in strategic finance at a large, data-driven B2B SaaS
- Proven success building Finance teams
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute late-stage venture capital fundraising and/or meaningful involvement in IPO process
- Experience managing and executing corporate finance/M&A transactions
- Can set the right KPIs to drive the business and individual/team performance
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain efficient and reliable systems/technology, processes and teams
- The ability to recruit, retain, manage, lead and inspire a diverse mix of skilled and capable finance professionals
- CPA or CFA preferred
- MBA from top business school preferred
- Ability and desire to work with employees at all levels in the organization
- Has a strong presence and is able to inspire/unite a team behind a vision
- Experience making challenging decisions and understanding the risks
- Carries themselves with confidence and speaks clearly and with conviction
- Comfortable putting in place organizational structure and has point of view on how to develop a finance org within a high growth startup
- Has coached, managed and mentored people with varying levels of expertise
- Listens well and has empathy
- Able to structure ambiguous problems to make them approachable
- Takes inputs from across the business to inform decision-making / hypothesis while understanding the cross-functional impact that specific decisions might have
- Embodies Grovo’s “Standard of Performance” in their own behavior and how they interact with others
- Communicates directly and honestly even when under pressure
- Puts the team ahead of their own needs and fosters that value in others
- Relentless in their effort to win
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary, stock options, free health benefits, commuter savings, full in-office gym and personal training sessions with in-house Health Director, free nutrition and ergonomics classes, Razor scooter time trials, standing desks, full event space with 110" screen, 360 degree views of Manhattan, nap rooms, access to our fully stocked kitchen, and the opportunity to work at NYC Tech Internet Week's 'Best Place to Work'.