At ActionIQ, our engineers are responsible for building the only scalable CDP in the market. This product and the platform it operates on is a complex and feature rich distributed data system which we offer as a multi-cloud SaaS solution to our clients.
We are opening this Chief Architect position, reporting directly to the CTO, to play a lead role in driving our technology strategy and to ensure we continue to develop our best-in-class architecture. This person will provide thought leadership, mentoring and implementation guidance to the engineers they work with on project initiatives. The Chief Architect will work closely with Engineering, Product and Customer Success leadership to ensure that we continue to evolve our platform and meet future client demand.
- Working closely with CTO, own and drive the vision for ActionIQ's system architecture
- Lead big, cross cutting projects with significant impact through entire lifecycle of execution.
- Optimize whatever aspect of system is the bottleneck. Find those areas and improve them.
- Bringing the latest industry knowledge to our company. Ensure AIQ is utilizing the best solutions. Teach our engineers best practices.
- Interface regularly with product team, customers, and sales to identify areas of impact and predict the future
- Mentor other engineers helping them grow into senior architects
- Kickstart new initiatives by building the initial codebase and handing off to engineers to build upon the core abstractions.
- Run experimental far thinking R&D projects, understanding the nuance of how to drive these differently and when to loop them into the roadmap or cut them off.
- At least 10 years experience in key engineering roles.
- Pattern of significant achievements in past (e.g. broad performance gains, rearchitecting entire systems for new scale, popular cited papers, innovative patents)
- Deep systems knowledge. An expert in distributed systems, databases, concurrency, operating systems and performance tuning.
- Experience spanning the entire stack, from high level distributed architecture to low level system / kernel optimization.
- Recognized as a guru in past projects and companies. Top performer at past jobs.
- Able to quickly pick up new technologies, understand them at a deep level, apply them appropriately, and know how to push them to the next level.
- Write very clean code that is a pleasure to work with. You're the kind of person that everyone puts on their code reviews because they want to learn from you.
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Strong work/life balance culture
- Unlimited vacation
- Work with top notch engineering team building a leading edge data solution
- Top health insurance benefits
- Great office and location in downtown Manhattan
- 401K, office lunches, team outings, and many more perks