The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience.
We are building a world Class team to integrate our technologies into vehicles. The team includes a strong Program Management team that works to ensure we deliver our technologies on time into vehicles.
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about advancing the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Directly lead Automotive program delivery, including the technology delivery to the OEM vehicle
- Manage an internal team to integrate high complexity technologies at a demanding pace
- Lead internal and external interfaces to align ATC technology delivery to OEM vehicle schedule, including prototype builds
- Manage the overall financials of the program
- Work with Purchasing, Finance, and internal engineering teams to deliver the program on time
- Manage Program Timing and Change Control under dynamic business conditions
- Lead the Automotive production development process in a fast moving technology environment
- Think creatively on where to break from the traditional rules and where to hold firm to get quality results faster
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 10+ years of direct experience at an OEM leading and managing automotive programs
- Strong working knowledge of Automotive systems and processes
- Strong Program Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead large and complex automotive program from start to launch
- Demonstrated leadership working cross-functionally to deliver complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to deliver joint projects
- Strong business Acumen
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree engineering degree, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- International business exposure, with demonstrated success working across cultures
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.