Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 90 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
Based in London, Huntingdon, or Histon, we are seeking a CFO to join our team to drive the global business forward. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very fast paced, innovative company with the opportunity to help deliver a successful sale process over the next 5 years. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for all things finance – managing the team, partnering with the board, setting policies, managing day to day execution, and being an integral part of our strategy. We are looking for someone who is an out of the box thinker, has agile thinking, while being very detailed and process oriented. Our ideal candidate has experience working with investors globally and with operations across the globe. You love to provide commercial and strategic insight to the senior management team(SMT) and the board for them to make key decisions for the business. We have an interim CFO who will remain with the company in a different role, but he will be an excellent resource for all of the foundations he has already put in place. If this sounds like you, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the finance team (currently 2 individuals) – this includes training, coaching, delegation, and performance management, and retention of our team
- Partner with our founders, management team, the board, and investors on both financial and business issues related
- Be a key member of our Senior Management Team (SMT) in providing input regarding financial implications of all global business decisions
- Establish a solid financial foundation and forecast using appropriate systems that will allow the business to scale effectively globally
- Analysis, review, and reporting of financial data and financial performance
- Manage financial planning, financial operations, budgeting, compliance, and expenditures
- Review and manage our accurate forecasting, minimize unnecessary spend, review pricing strategies, review sales compensation plan, and improve processes for sustainable and efficient growth
- Regularly review and analyse our ROI in all areas of the business
- Partner with all internal stakeholders to finalize annual capital allocation plans
- Have a strong grasp of our technical platform and different roles within the organization
- Administer our Series B fundraise
- Be the right hand and finance oriented business partner to our CEO and COO for strategic decisions
- A Bachelors or Masters degree
- 5+ years of senior strategic finance professional experiences within a high growth organization (ideally a CFO or #2 at a high growth SaaS business)
- Experience being a key member of a Senior Management Team with success providing input to the CEO, Board, and peers.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to be a leader and a ‘doer’
- Commercial and strategic mind-set coupled with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in lament terms (to everyone regardless of their finance knowledge)
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ and be forward thinking in relation to growth, budgets, capital allocation, and future fundraises
- Proven ability to develop and implement systems, told, and processes to increase business clarity
- Experience putting together processes for cash management, financial control, processes & risk management
- Extensive experience with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices
- Previous involvement in a fundraise (minimum $20M USD) OR exposure working with VC’s or Private Equity investors is essential
- Must be commercially savvy, entrepreneurial, highly intellectual, proactive, and have strong listening skills
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize- we are a very fast paced organization with a lot going on
- Advanced working of Excel is a must
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Prior experience with a company that has had a trigger event (being purchased or going public) is an asset
- M&A and post merger integration experience is an asset
- You will get to work with one of the worlds best insurtech brands
- You have the opportunity to be part of one of the worlds best insurtech brands, where you get to make big contributions
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year. We also offer additional vacation days for each year of service. After 5 years, our employees have 30 days of vacation.
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses. We also deliver fresh fruit to the office weekly!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Match
- Learning & Development Benefits are available for all our employees!
- Work from home once a week once you pass probation
- Our London office is located in a WeWork space — that means you can take advantage of fun meet-ups, beer on tap, snacks, and fun activities organised by WeWork
- And much more!
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role