Reporting to the CampusWorks Managed Services Director, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) supports the small, local community college’s mission and long-range plan by providing strategic vision, direction, and leadership. The CIO will join a team of elite Higher Education CIO’s, each responsible for the effective management and thought leadership for their assigned client institution.
The primary responsibility of the CIO is to guide and support the client institution in the effective and innovative use of information and communication technology resources in support of teaching, learning, and business operations.
The CIO has oversight responsibility for an onsite management and technical team that supports the contractual services provided to the client. The functions include enterprise solution services, DBA services, systems administration services, network services, user services, and voice and data communications, vendor relationships, and information security. The CIO partners with faculty, staff, and administrators to ensure the continuous delivery of effective IT services through monitoring IT system performance and ensuring the continuous functioning of mission critical operations. The CIO is an advocate for the client institution and develops deep and wide relationships with their leaders.
The CIO explores new technologies and keeps up to date on trends and best practices within the IT and higher education industries. The CIO is responsible for establishing an open and collaborative environment where knowledge and experience is shared throughout the organization. CampusWorks CIOs are servant leaders who are held to high ethical standards and are recognized for exceptional client and employee satisfaction.
Onsite Requirement: Monday-Friday in the Boston metropolitan area
- Develop and maintain a strong, positive relationship with the client
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with institutional constituents
- Communicate regularly with institution leadership on significant site issues and successes, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals
- Provide executive-level strategic guidance and thought leadership in:
- Infrastructure and network operations
- Administrative System design and development
- Academic and Instructional technologies
- Develop and recommend information technology policies to ensure the appropriate acquisition, use, security, and cost-effective application of technology
- Serve as a technology advocate by promoting the use, support, and realization of innovative technologies at the institution
- Establish and facilitate an IT Governance process
- Propose best-practice procedures that ensure the appropriate security of information technology resources
- Respond to audit recommendations and findings and implement corrective actions as required
- Manage an annual tactical plan and report progress to the Contract Administrator and Cabinet
- Identify and achieve efficiencies through technological and workflow improvements
- Identify potential areas for cost savings
- Recognize, create, and track value-add and ROI activities
- Lead by example and mentor the IT Staff
Qualifications & Requirements
- Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field
- An MBA or master's degree is desirable
- A strong track record as CIO or CTO with at least 5 years' experience with higher education systems software
- Experience with and a broad understanding of higher education challenges and the application to technology solutions to resolving those challenges. The Sr. Executive should have a solid understanding of core higher education technology solutions necessary to address those challenges.
- Preferred: ITIL, PMP, Higher Education teaching and/or administration experience
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits for full-time employees, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our employees enjoy:
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators. CampusWorks Inc., as a large consulting firm, provides its employees with an opportunity to work both onsite and remotely with our clients across the United States and in Canada. With the nature of our clients’ work evolving quickly, we’re all being asked to support larger CampusWorks initiatives. Upon joining CampusWorks in a consulting role, your talent and expertise may be applied to a range of projects, assignments, and clients.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
A virtual and onsite workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That's why CampusWorks offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
At CampusWorks, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives each CampusWorker (we call ourselves CampusWorkers) brings to our workplace each day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you are passionate about higher education and creating Happy Campuses, let's talk! If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.
Friendly Note to External Agencies:
At CampusWorks, we kindly request that you please refrain from submitting blind submissions or resumes/CVs on behalf of recruitment agencies. To ensure a smooth and effective collaboration, we would like to inform you that any candidates sent to us without a signed agreement in place will regrettably not be accepted or considered as a submission.
CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics: