At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
We’re looking to expand Neo leadership by adding an experienced, brilliant and proven Chief Information Officer to our team in Calgary, AB.
What you'll be doing:
- Own and lead our data analytics and business intelligence programs at Neo, ensuring each and every Neo team can make data-driven decisions.
- Oversee our IT team and technologies, ensuring we have the right people, processes, and tools to enable each and every business unit.
- Be the owner of Data and IT enterprise risks: identify and quantify Data and IT risks, develop solutions and risk controls, and ensure execution against risk-driven goals.
- Develop a strong data governance program at Neo, managing the availability, usability, integrity, retention, and control of corporate and customer information.
- Improve enterprise software and data access controls and policies; hold all leaders accountable to the principle of minimum access.
- Execute a vendor management program to ensure selection of vendors is lean, process driven, mature, and consistent. Negotiate costs and manage vendor relationships.
- Work with our CISO to ensure security is a top concern, and that we are the most secure in Canada through actioning constant improvements.
- Collaborate with our CRCO and compliance team to ensure we are meeting legal, regulatory and compliance commitments, and that we’re proactive and efficient along the way.
- Understand our business and be able to dig into business processes (especially within operations-heavy teams) to develop strategies for better automation and efficiency.
- Work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with a focus on building a driven, high-performance team.
Who we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in technology roles, including 3+ years experience in a similar leadership role (CTO, CIO, VP, etc).
- Exposure to substantial and significant scale within a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
- Experience in a heavily regulated industry dealing with regulatory compliance and handling sensitive and private data (banking, finance, equities, medicine, etc).
- Fluency across both corporate IT and data analytics with emphasis on enablement, efficiency and bottom-line cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and manage teams to ensure quality, timely delivery of projects.
- Success hiring and fostering growth of your team in parallel with fast-paced execution.
- Both tactically and strategically minded. You should be able to operate in the weeds, but also be the leader with the ability to build strategy, roadmaps, systems and frameworks.
- Must be highly organized, and able to organize against complexity and chaos.
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achiever energized by a startup environment.
- Team player who loves being part of an agile ecosystem.
- Maker with a drive to finish projects and make us best-in-world.
- Pragmatic perfectionist with a belief that ‘it can always be better'.
- Highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven.
- Interest in entrepreneurial opportunities where bigger efforts yield bigger rewards.
- A passion and obsession with startups and technology.
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.