Purpose of the role:
Oversee information security, data governance and privacy at SuperAwesome
SuperAwesome is looking for an experienced Chief Information Security Officer to join its leadership team based in London.
The role will support SuperAwesome’s global business and will encompass the formal function of Data Protection Officer and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to provide day to day guidance on a range of data issues, implementing company-wide policies and further embedding the privacy culture at SuperAwesome.
The Chief Information Security Officer will be SuperAwesome’s primary point of contact for all data privacy and information security matters in the UK, Europe and in the US.
- Provide strategic leadership to the business on data protection, privacy, information security and data governance matters
- Manage our internal compliance programmes
- Carry out the role of the Group Data Protection Officer including be the primary point of contact for all privacy matters
- Ensure an appropriate level of privacy and data protection compliance in all countries in which the company operates
- Support internal product and operational teams to develop, deliver and have oversight of SuperAwesome’s privacy-first solutions for kids digital engagement
- Lead data protection training to raise awareness of all employees across the company
- Assist the internal compliance team with the completion of data protection audits
- Oversee the information security functions in the organisation
SuperAwesome powers powers the kids’ digital media ecosystem. Our platform is used by hundreds of companies to enable over twelve billion kid-safe digital transactions across advertising, community and parental consent every month. SuperAwesome has pioneered the kidtech sector, delivering engagement with the under-13 audience built around privacy and responsibility.
- 8+ years experience in a privacy, data protection and/or information security role in a high-growth global technology organisation.
- Extensive experience providing leadership and execution oversight on a range of data privacy projects/issues in a commercial, high-growth setting.
- Proven ability drive projects as a self-starter, to exercise good independent judgment, and to effectively manage multiple priorities under time pressure
- Strong communication, influencing skills, and the ability to liaise with the most senior levels of the organisation
- The ability to build relationships, present, explain, lead and persuade at all levels of a business.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of current data protection legislation, practices and techniques
- Good understanding of technical data processing techniques and latest security processes
- Experience in auditing frameworks and international standards, such as ISO 27001, BS 10012, SAS 70, COBIT and ITIL.
- Knowledge of privacy management software is beneficial
- A strong track record of excellence
- Preference for CIPP/E /M certification
We’re a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. This is a genuine opportunity to learn and grow, through real ownership and responsibility.
We have a range of awesome perks and benefits:
- Fully paid healthcare - provided through Vitality
- Monthly pizza Friday
- Wednesday catered breakfast
- Quarterly team lunches
- Friday drinks
- Office snack bar
- Pension scheme
- Holidays - 25+ bank holidays
- Expanded Maternity and Paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly socials / yearly company event
- Product team hack days and charity events
- Health and wellbeing calendar